iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Calling all Motorheads!

Started by Jeff, April 04, 2017, 01:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Higher priority is the electric fan thermostat installed.  It has a new aluminum radiator with electric fan, but only a toggle switch for the fan. It has a stcok fan on it too, but I'm not sure why they left that on as there is no shroud.  I found a thermostat fan switch kit on ebay for 12 bucks, so when that gets here, I'll get it installed. 185° on, 175° off
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

Any idea what the thermostat is rated at?  That fan might be running all the time on your new switch if it's higher than 185.  It would be really nice if it were adjustable like the fans on the old furnaces (rheostat?).  Not a big deal to replace the thermo with something else if you need to.  I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one in there now, coming from a race driver and all...
All in all it sounds like just a few things to nitpick at and you're on your way.  One of the best things about trucks like that is they're never perfect.  It's part of the character, kind of like us here.  If it was perfect it'd be a trailer queen, see?  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!