iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Wheeler Senior Log loading trailer ??

Started by Louis, March 24, 2010, 03:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

We are looking to haul smalllogs and excavator anyone got one??? Any info would be great Thanks

barniescamp

I bought the JR model, It has not been delivered yet, what kinda weight/height is the excavator.

Louis

18000 lbs, i was looking at a komatsu pc78 or 88....anyone use one or know what kind of power you would want?

woodmills1

I have a little ox blue ox it is good for 7 tons total  very good grapple and loader,  nice trailer
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ironwood

I have friend w/ a Blue Ox, BIG one. he may be wanting to sell it. Pm me

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Brad_S.

I had a Jr. that I used to haul logs, a 9n tractor and 3 pt. hitch accessories, miscellaneous auction finds, and a fair sized Bobcat.
The trailer was well built, the loader was strong. I really liked it but a loaded trailer did tax my Ford F350 even with the 7.3 diesel.
As far as carrying equipment, it was rather nerve racking loading as the trailer sat very high and the ramps were therefore steep. The 4 wheel drive of the Bobcat was much easier than the 2 wheel tractor. Once the equipment was up there and secure, it was sometimes a bit of a challenge to find someplace for the boom and grapple but it always worked out.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

woodmills1

I think the big ox would be perfect

my loader is very well designed, I have bullied some huge stuff onto my little one.
I have a chevy 4500 now, it could handle a big ox, but my previous one ton had all it could do to keep up with the little ox
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bobus2003

I use a 32' GN trailer to Haul my Link Belt 1600 w/processor head, when i haul wood i put in 5' stakes and load with a skid steer.. been lookin around for a old Hay buster loader to mount on the Neck so i can load the trailer, or center mount it on a 40' gn trailer

Thank You Sponsors!