iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivey

Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

blueduck

ive owned a Mobile Dimension model 127 since February 1986, nearly 21 years on and off sawing here in Central and Northern Idaho, most all of it custom work and seasonal.

Looking to expand to more full time and get a couple different mills for the size o logs we are able to scrounge up, am looking at a small scrag saw with edgers for small diameter and another circle mill for milling timbers..... I had to turn down a rather huge job cause i just could not cut the size needed, and my banker said "you did what?"  but it was only a $150,000.00 job.

William
Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.
- John Dretschmer

wwsjr

WM LT40HDD51-RA, New Holland 3930 Tractor with forks and Tajfun skidding winch. Farma 51 D knuckleboom loader on 24 ft gooseneck trailer. Next investment, maybe a chipper for slabs.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Bill in U.P.

Kasco SawII-manual mill with 16hp Briggs (1968 power feed)
1963 AC H-3 with backhoe
Ford 7600 2wd tractor with 3pt boom
1943 slab and board handler (still good for 3 to 4 hrs/day)
Kasco sharpener and homemade setter.
Looking to add kiln this spring/summer

Tom Vorac

Hi,
I have a 1991 Wood Mizer LT30HD.
Tom V

Robert Long

A 2004 Wood Mizer LTHD 40, lap sider, F 200 ford truck, 3 small diesel tractors ( 2 are four wheel)
Majaco log trailer with grapple loader, and more.........

Robert

fuzzybear

Home made chainsaw mill with husqy 3120. How long a log You got???  NOOOO problem. ;D  Arctic Cat 900 wide track, 1945 International tractor, 1955 chevy 1 ton skid truck, and a whole lot of antique contraptions left over from the gold rush of '98  :)
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

sawguy21

Welcome fuzzybear.  8) I imagine there is no shortage of metal from old gold dredges to build a mill from. All you need now is daylight. The Yukon is beautiful country.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fuzzybear

Thank you Sawguy. Starting to get more daylight now. Don't have to turn on the gen set for lights until around 4:30 now. Just Getting colder. -50's later this week. :(
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Vern

Cooks MP32 32" 24' 30hp kohler - power up and down,power feed, log turner
vman

Hi-Country Orange

Lt.-70 62hp. Kitty Cat, 24' extension, just making dust  8)  8)

gizmodust

Norwood LumberMate 2000.  Shop made 4' extension and levellers  8) :)
Shop built Alaskan Sawmill made for Stihl 032 with 20" bar
Always liked wood with alot of character

WNC

Norwood lumbermate 2000. Massey  Ferg. 1428v with fork lifts. 1985 3500 chevy 1 ton dump. 1991 Komatsu PC-40 Excavator with thumb. THE BEST PART. It is all a hobby. WNC

iacornfed

logosol m7, woodmaster planer molder, 066,ms290, poulan, 440 bobcat
All men Die, few really live!

m7 sawmill, o66 stilhl, ms290 stihl. 718 woodmaster planer and the all important 440 Bobcat

DWM II

The got list:

91 wm hd
stihl ms250 18''
mahindra 27 hp tractor
97 f-250 psd 4x4
16' tandem trailer
honda 500 foreman
two teenage daughters (not much help, but great entertainment!)
most importantly, very understanding, forgiving, loyal, and loving wife. ;)

The want list:

skid steer
stump grinder
bigger tractor 4x4
complete wood working shop
two future hard working son-in-laws (my back hurts!), (I oughta get something for paying for the weddings!)
big blue ox kb trailer
etc.
etc.
etc.

I guess I should just go help Arky, I could play with all his toys.  :D

Stewardship Counts!

woody1

Old American circular mill, put it on a 45' trailer, 4 head block, 15' carrage..D-15 a.c. tractor with loader..h-70 fork lift..cracked 16' edger..sawdust drag...HAVEN"T CUT A DARN BOARD YET !!    :'(
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Norm

That sound like a cool setup woody1.

woody1

I hope it's all worth it. If it cuts true and runs good I'll be a happy woodbutcher. 8)
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

millit

8) wood mizer 40hd   ::)spc 24 built rite firewood processor ???257 husky saw 044 saw 1845c case skid steer 1240 massey compact tractor small dozer from norther hydrulics 2000 f550 dump, 1996 w900 KW ,trailmobile log trailer, cant hooks and peavys 10000lbs flat bed , brimar dump  eh eh smiley_thumbsup_grin 1 good wife

deadeye

millit i think you just said the most important thing.  1 good wife, without that all the rest would be harder to get.    my list is 1 96 lthd woodmizer
                             1 96 65hp belarus
                              1 majaco log loader and trailer
                                1 norse winch
                                  3 sthil chainsaws
                                    alot of good friends to borrow stuff from

millit

justice

LT40HDD51

Hi all, I'm new to the forum   :)
Here's what I got at the ripe ol age of 25...

The best tailman/edgerman on the planet, my brother and sawin/workin partner
2005 W.M. LT40HDD51 (accuset, debarker, lube mizer, auto clutch, Cat power rules  ;D )
2004 W.M. G28 F.I. Edger (New Kitty powered rig coming soon...)
Lathe-Mizer
W.M. power fed resaw
1995 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab (Mill towin, brute strength)
1995 Jeep G.C.L. 4x4 (Edger towin)
197? Case/D.B. 990 with loader, loggin winch, ice chains...
Stihl 044 Arctic
Stihl 036
Stihl 270
Stihl 017
WorkTunes Muffs on my helmet, satellite radio in the truck...
One helluva good woman, too (gets turned on watching me work   8) )
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

TeaW

Hi LT40hdd51
Checked your web site , that is really good . You must be a city boy , you do all your sawin in parkin lots.
14 posts yesterday that would do me for a year .
How come all that iron is so shiny and your brother is so gray!
Welcome
TeaW
TeaW

LT40HDD51

Nah, Im in the stix  ;D Those are from Halifax after Hurricane Juan. We sawed a bunch of cleanup stuff there. Guy we worked for was a moron, that lot was waaaaay too small and on an angle  >:( We finally told him what to do with his slanty parking lot and everything else..... Don't get me goin..... But more of our work is on farms and in woodlots in and around the Annapolis Valley. We're country boys  :)
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

Thank You Sponsors!