iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

large oak

Started by woodmills1, July 08, 2003, 10:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

was reminded today of a very large oak log I cut a few weeks back but forgot to post.  It was so big I had to drag and load it with the dozer and the woodmizer loader barely lifted it.  At 16 foot long I cut 1 4x12 and 17 2x6.  It was a custom order so the rest made 24 1x2 stickers.  that is 400 bd ft by my calculations.  I figure ifin I coulda made fence wood out of it I could have made near 450 dollars.  WOW!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

We've sawn some big'n's back when we were young and foolish.  

Here is one water oak that was 20' long.  Didn't stop to count the board feet but we sawed out 9 2"x16" x 20' after it was squared down and a bunch of other shorter and narrower boards along the way.

Had another second cut log 10' long that sawed out over 500 bf of 2x4s. :o  

That was back when we had the Wood-Mizer LT40 manual mill.  Loaded the log by ramping it up onto the mill using our ton flatbed.  Getting it on the mill was not nearly as big a problem as turning it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

CHARLIE

Bibbyman, who is that next to your mill?  Can't be you 'cause he ain't wearing Bibs! :o  Who is that mystery man? ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bibbyman

That be me BB (Before Bibs)  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!