iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-mizer laser troubles

Started by nstringer04, February 09, 2015, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nstringer04

The laser hasn't worked since I bought the mill last year. I'm not very familiar with the laser but the light comes on on the "box" mounted underneath the laser itself. However, the laser does not work. What can I check?  Is the laser dead? Would love to fix or replace it if necessary.
A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Since I didn't buy that option for my mill, I would call Woodmizer in the morning.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

My thoughts are:  did you buy the mill new?
                           Has it ever worked?
                           Is there dust or a cover over the laser lens?  And of course, call wmz..
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MartyParsons

Hello,
There is 12 volt to the lazer from the switch on the operator control. There is a 10 amp fuse in the operator box. One red wire. Check here for 12 volt at the lazer. Shoul also be a red light on the box the lazer plugs into. There is also ground needed. There is a screw the helps the lazer get ground. Check this also.
After all has been checked and you are sure you have power. You can remove the lazer and send it back to the company they will repair. I think the last one was about $100.00 for the company to fix. The company name should be on the lazer.
I am out if town if you need the address send me a pm and I will get you the info when I get back.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

nstringer04

Thanks Marty. Called you guys today and got some help since perkinston location is closed. You guys rock!!!
A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

Thank You Sponsors!