iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is my old barn wood worth anything?

Started by Icarus, September 08, 2014, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

both cuz my name is steve, if i was short on one side my name would be ielene :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Icarus

Thanks fstedy. I have started to compare pricing from different suppliers. I have been seeing a big difference in pricing with each company. I guess it all comes down to supply, demand and location of the buyer. I have to say the car shows bring in a lot of money to this town however they get very old when you live rite by the fairgrounds, as is my case. This turns my 10 minute commute into a 30 minute commute. But what can you do?

beenthere

Icarus
I see you are re-uploading your barn pics again in your gallery. Some duplicates.

Are you having a trouble getting pics for a post and need some help? Give a shout, and likely someone can help.

Hope the barn project is going well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on October 17, 2014, 03:34:25 PM
Icarus
I see you are re-uploading your barn pics again in your gallery. Some duplicates.

Are you having a trouble getting pics for a post and need some help? Give a shout, and likely someone can help.

Hope the barn project is going well.

Every photo you uploaded since yesterday Icarus has been deleted. If you are trying to sell lumber via this forum, this needs to go in the for sale section if you agree to the terms.  Also, I need you to review the rules of posting on the forum in regards to photos. Uploading 2 and 3 copies of the same photo wastes our server space and can result in a loss of the ability for one to post photos as all.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAmillworker

I regularly buy whole barns from those company's that say they will come take yours down.  Most of the time if I purchased everything on one site I will get it for $1.00-$2.00 bf depending on size and specie of wood.  White oak in large sizes will bring the most with red oak hickory beech white pine bringing lower end.  If you take the time to dismantle and sell individual packs you can get more than what the company's are giving you but you will have a lot of time and money tied up.
Thank the Lord for second chances

SwampDonkey

I (and probably lots on here) see old timbers in restaurants in my travels. So someone wants it.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!