iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber King

Started by Corbo223, February 12, 2006, 07:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corbo223

Hello there,My name is Cory and Iam new to the forum sortof "been watching for about 2 yrs now,decided to join so i could be more in touch with the Knowlege of the ELDERS:):):) I see ALOT of swingers out there but what about those who use the TIMBER KING bandmills???? Pros & Con.What makes them worth the 3 grand more from the local sawmill maker (LINN & BURG )
Just not enough time in the day

Jeff

I'll tell you one thing that adds value is that Timberking that is very important to anyone woith a mill. It is a well established company that has a long history of standing beside its customers.  If you click on the sponsor logo to your left that says TimberKing and look up the phone number and tell them you want to talk to Will Johnson, you will talk to Will. Will is the president of the company. Not a lot of places you can do that.  Will will talk to you and get you set up with someone that can answer all your questions if he is busy at that time. TimberKing has a long sawmill history.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Welcome to the forum Cory! 8)  If you've been lurking around for 2 years, you already know you'll enjoy being part of this big family. I hope you can make it to the Piggie Roast this coming summer.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Corbo223

Thanks Charlie and Jeff with the replies, i've research like crazy and always came up with Timber King,The people at Timber King have always help me with any questions i have had and that is truely a great Plus....Theres even acouple of their mills runnin in the area and the guys are REAL pleased with their mills....AND of course i would love to have a BIG PACKAGE from Timber King.Just trying to way out the pros and cons before i make the plunge:) PIG ROAST>>>>>Cant wait.....

fstedy

Cobo
Welcome aboard.  I have a TK B-20 and am very satisified with this machine. It has the automation to get the job done without being too labor intensive ( as long as you have a good off bearer ). If you haven't purchased a mill yet determine the level of sawing you will do and what your budget is and go from there. The TK is a great machine for the money, is easy to operate and has great factory support.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

IL Bull

Cory,
My brother has a Timber King and and loves the poo out of it.  Cuts clean and make good lumber.  He cuts mostly hardwoods.
I wondered when you were going to join up. 8)  Welcome.
Joe
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Engineer

Why do they include POO in their mills?    ??? ;D ;D ;D :-\

IL Bull

Poo is for lube.   ;D :D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

dail_h

I'll use grease in mine ,if you don't mind,thank you very much.
   Oh yeah welcome.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

flip

I've had mine for about 4 months and after doing some tweaking it be nice ;)  When you ask about the differences you must first know if you want manual B1200 or the B20 which is fully hydraulic with set works.  How much work ya want to do to cut wood and how much $$ ya got to spend?  I have had nothing but excellent dealings with Will and Mike (tech. support) and the sales guys.  What ever you decide customer service/support and reputation should be high on the list.  I have nothing against other mills, I just liked the 4 post design and the bang I got for the buck.

Flip
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Corbo223

Thanks Guys for all the input,NOW the REAL test is going to be How i can Camo it so my better half wont see it in the Back fourty. Hey you think it comes in Real Tree Camo?? :) :) :)

Thank You Sponsors!