iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pro Bass Angler BANNED for life.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 26, 2013, 08:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This happened on my home lake which is 6 miles from my house/mill.
Very sad someone would stoop this low.

http://www.wired2fish.com/cheater-caught-at-bfl-on-wylie-over-weekend/
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Glad that guy was caught. Gotta wonder how many times he's done this and cheated people out of money.  bat_smailey
I read all the comments after the article and agreed with the post that said the cheater should have been arrested for fraud.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

gfadvm

Attempting to "fix" the outcome of a sporting event is a felony in most states. He should get jail time to reflect on his ways!

coxy

HA HA HA  put him in jail he was going to steal other peoples money  >:( >:( >:(

Chuck White

Don't need competitors like that!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Very sad,   hard to believe folks stoop so low,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

What gets me the most is the message it sends to the kids.
I used to play paintball, ALOT, and there were grown adults who felt the need to rob others of prizes and the feeling of victory to make themselves look better and keep their sponsors. It went to the extent of having videos and multiple practice sessions on how to cheat.
Unfortunately, it seems that in some sports it has become the norm, just to keep up.
Whether it's for the money or self pride, it's just plain wrong.

Allan

ron barnes

JJ

This same thing happened in local ice fishing tournament I was in on Pushaw lake in Bangor about 20 years ago.
At weigh in, a pickerel which was 2" shorter than the leading fish, weighed more.  The official started poking the belly, and it coughed up 2 lead wheel balancing weights.   ::)   He asked the contender what it was, and he said 'must have be something he ate' then booked it out of there.

Prize was only few hundred $.  Why cheat?

JJ

doctorb

Also witnessed this behavior before.  As a sometime tournament angler, I always worry when a suspicious fish comes to the weigh-in.  Often, in buddy tournaments (you fish together with your "buddy" and combine your weight totals on your limit of fish), a fish comes to the scales with completely different color or a frayed tail (kept in live trap). Unless somebody sees it happen ( the cheating), it's going to continue to occur.  It's more than the $, believe it or not, it's also braggin' rights.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

ksks

So how much do these guys make a year?  Is there a lot of money riding on the weigh in?
Striving to be average!

doctorb

Many FLW pro tournaments pay out $100K.  The money is very large if you finish first.  They then have much smaller payouts over a fairly large number of anglers - like 20 - to help defray their expenses, which include entry fees.  I view it like pro golf.  The guy who comes in first gets a huge check.  But from second or third place down the prize money drops off pretty quickly.

Most of the big name anglers make their "for sure" income on sponsorship deals.  How do you get a sponsor......win tournaments.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ksks on December 06, 2013, 06:22:10 PM
So how much do these guys make a year?  Is there a lot of money riding on the weigh in?

These guys fish a lot of different trails. Wal-mart has a trail and there are others. They accumulate points based on total weight in hopes of having enough weight to qualify for the fish off at the end of the year.
Top cash prizes are given away as well as new trucks and boats in some.

The main they they are trying to win is sponsorship.....there, you can become RICH!    fishin-smiley

Some of the cheaters will come in and pre fish a tournament and if they catch a BIG bass, they will put a barrel in the water and hold the bass until the tournament.  Its sad.

ksks

haha.  Maybe I should have practiced more when I was a kid!
Striving to be average!

JJ

Every year, there is big ice fishing tournament on Sebago (ice permitting), with top prize being boat motor trailer package ($15,000).  If a state record togue is landed, it is $100,000 prize.

http://www.icefishingderby.com/sebago-derby/

There is requirement that the top prize winners must pass lie detector test before collecting prize, as fish must be landed during the tournament on Sebago lake.

Maybe lie detectors should be required for all big money tournaments.

JJ

JJ

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Claybraker

There's no honor among thieves.

"There was a price of $250 that was discussed," officer Hutto said. "They were to take bass, and once they won the tournament, they would give the anglers $250. They ended up winning the tournament, but it only paid $305 for the winning team.
"Then they said, 'We're only going to give you $105.' The bass club found out because the two anglers, Dustin and Sarah, were upset they didn't get the money agreed to. "

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=3839&cid=158

ely

I bowfish a lot, one night on my home lake I seen a small fish trap which are common for the trotliners to catch perch in... but this particular one had a limit of nice bass inside it. I realized someone had put them there for the tournament the next day. we dumped the bass and put two or three rather large carp inside the trap... never knew the outcome but we laughed and laughed about that.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ely on September 19, 2014, 05:31:28 PM
I bowfish a lot, one night on my home lake I seen a small fish trap which are common for the trotliners to catch perch in... but this particular one had a limit of nice bass inside it. I realized someone had put them there for the tournament the next day. we dumped the bass and put two or three rather large carp inside the trap... never knew the outcome but we laughed and laughed about that.

I like that Ely.....I'd give $300.00 to see the look on their face.  :D :D :D

beenthere

Quotewe dumped the bass and put two or three rather large carp inside the trap.

:D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bricklayer51

There is a tournament on hubbard lake the past few days. There must be a million dollars worth of boats go by in the morning.

sandhills

Ely, I couldn't have helped myself, I'd of hid in the bushes just to watch their reaction!  But of coarse then my laughter would have got me caught  :D.  My wife and I love to fish and that's just ridiculous.  We have a number of friends with kids that are close to my kid's ages and get to have them over from time to time while the parents are gone, we just go fishing with them, they're happy catching a bunch of 4" bluegill  ;D (they do get released btw)!  My wife did set a new record down on the river the other night though, neither of us knew it was possible to catch a 2 1/2" catfish with a hook  :D, I wished I'd had the camera!

Thank You Sponsors!