iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

It's usually about $8 per ton delivered. I got these for free because there were a few big chunks in it. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: mike_belben on December 17, 2021, 09:30:31 AMId have bent over backward to get it home. Cranes and bucket lifts have all the parts needed to make a log loader.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking then a dose of reality hit me.  I only have 10 acres and I'm not logging it (other than to finish my cabin) AND I don't need another project. But, a logging trailer would be cool...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dangerous_Dan

Traded some free to me tree service logs for this.
Anyone know anything about this crane?
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Resonator

QuoteI cut n bent the stoved in back end to clear the blades this morning and ran the bush hog today. Its hogged bush.  

I heated and beated some frozen gauge wheels someone else rehomed to me and am thinking on if i wanna mod the back end to incorporate a tree pusher bar and open access to the cutter tips for psuedo directional felling.  Just cant leave well enough alone i guess. 
I bought mine gently used for $700 a couple years ago, and have made some of that money back bush hogging hunting trails. I want to rebuild mine eventually and get rid of the center tail wheel, ideally I want to have 4 wheels so it "floats" over the ground and keep the corners from digging in. Also for light land clearing I'd like to get a slip clutch instead of changing shear bolts constantly. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Resonator

QuoteI had pulled every dipstick and fill plug so I was pretty sure it wasn't as bad as it looked, but I told them to get it running and moving then call me to take a look and talk about more $. Girl calls back the next day, tells me it's mine if I will pay $1K. 
Banks do not want to be in the reselling used cars, machinery, etc. business, their business is to make money handling money. They will sell an asset just to cut there losses, and in this case they're probably glad to get paid above scrap price and have it gone.

mike_belben

Quote from: Dangerous_Dan on December 18, 2021, 02:54:17 PM

Traded some free to me tree service logs for this.
Anyone know anything about this crane?
I know i want it really really bad. Does that count?  ;D
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Quote from: Resonator on December 18, 2021, 04:12:27 PM
QuoteI cut n bent the stoved in back end to clear the blades this morning and ran the bush hog today. Its hogged bush.  

I heated and beated some frozen gauge wheels someone else rehomed to me and am thinking on if i wanna mod the back end to incorporate a tree pusher bar and open access to the cutter tips for psuedo directional felling.  Just cant leave well enough alone i guess.
I bought mine gently used for $700 a couple years ago, and have made some of that money back bush hogging hunting trails. I want to rebuild mine eventually and get rid of the center tail wheel, ideally I want to have 4 wheels so it "floats" over the ground and keep the corners from digging in. Also for light land clearing I'd like to get a slip clutch instead of changing shear bolts constantly.
I have a 5ft finish mower a friend gave me needing work.. I think i gave him $100 for it so there could never be bad blood.

I had to make 2 of the missing wheel forks and buy 4 cheap wheels/tires from SC plus a driveshaft, new blades and spindle nuts.  Last thing it needs is some belts, theyre about 30 years old and throw too often.  It has a floating linkage that makes for a real nice contour cut.

This bush hog im tempted to leave the wheels off and make some skids and a pusher bar on back.  I havent used it enough to know what they can do. Any ideas?  

I lowered it on some tops and it sure reduced that pile in a loud blaze of glory. Kinda like that feature with respect to converting junk woods to good crop ground. I want the nutrients to stay and get incorporated as fast as possible (without spending any money so mulchers are out)
Praise The Lord

Dangerous_Dan

You want it mike?
Trade me something or make an offer.
It's in north jersey.
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

mike_belben

No possible way i could make it happen but its a pretty cool upgrade you got into.  

One of those paperclip to a house trades.  
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

From my other thread, Ford 545 D , I have this new to me tractor.  I installed a QA pate and in the future will have a snowplow on it.  So that means being out in the cold.  I'll  have to add a cab enclosure to it.  So that means I'll need some heat.  This showed up on my favorite auction site, BidRL.  Got it for $7.61.

Has a box of special heater and inlet hoses, a remote control panel and the diesel fuel tank.  Probably just plumb it to the main fuel tank.  That should keep me nice and toasty plowing snow!  Fresh air in on the left, hot out the right.  Combustion air in the bottom left and exhaust on the right.  Its an 8kw  output heater - they make a 2, 5 & 8.  The label says diesel but one spot in the instruction book says to fill the 15L tank with gasoline!
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WDH

My brother works at a landfill.  It is amazing the stuff he brings home that people throw away.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

In about 2 years i made my friend right around $150k on things he mostly bought hauled in for scrap over the scale.  Where land is high space is premium so they toss it rather than be burdened with a sale.  Many people dont like dealing with strangers.  Theres a hidden cost to that anxiety. 
Praise The Lord

Resonator

Ljohnsaw what you've got looks like a copy of a "Webasto" heater that are used for sleeper truck cabs. Biggest issues we had was they would carbon up with soot over time. Common for the little exhaust pipe to smoke like chimney at start up, and clear itself as it gets up to temperature.

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 16, 2021, 07:58:43 PM
Went to the dump. People though away things in the Iron pile. All free

Chain saw sharpener.

A new air compressor. Runs like a top.
That's a nice compressor 
I have the older version of that. Has been run hard for 27 years and still runs like a top.
That's a nice score
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on December 21, 2021, 03:50:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 16, 2021, 07:58:43 PM
Went to the dump. People though away things in the Iron pile. All free

Chain saw sharpener.

A new air compressor. Runs like a top.
That's a nice compressor
I have the older version of that. Has been run hard for 27 years and still runs like a top.
That's a nice score

Did all the roof with it, ruining two guns.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nebraska

Hold on I just scored! Yep a distant relative to me left an unclaimed 13,030,000 United States dollars.  So since no one has come forward to claim this amount and efforts to locate relatives have been unsuccessful.  So if I cooperate with this Candian Law firm I will get approximately half. Yep I can see hydraulics on a tricked out sawmill in my near future and a new diesel truck to pull it.  8)

I  mean the fax looks legit and only a couple misspelled words.  Wow I can't wait to tell the misses....

::) ::) ::)

I guess I supported the timber industry  with the wasted fax paper...

WV Sawmiller

You better hurry up and send them their admin fee so they can process the account and be sure to send them your bank account number so they deposit it directly in with your other savings. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thriceor

Picked these up about two weeks ago at an auction:

$5.00 for all three!

I was the only one who bid on them.  Not sure why, as there seemed to be plenty of "tool savvy" buyers there, but I'm not going to complain.
...I'd rather trust a man who works with his hands,
He looks at you once, you know he understands...

Genesis- "The Chamber of 32 Doors"

mike_belben

Cheques in the mail nebraska.  

Those kant-twists are great. 
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

rusticretreater

Picked this log arch up from an old fella who also built his own sawmill.  $350  The guy couldn't weld worth a *DanG, but it works!  I am gonna pull it into the garage when snow starts a falling, grind down the bumps and reweld it.

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

firefighter ontheside

I just finished bidding on my most recent auction.  I think I did pretty well.  I won 20 gallons of aluminum roof paint for the inside of the kiln.  I'm sure I don't need that much, but I got 4 five gallon buckets for about $100.  I also got some other finishes and paints that I"ll either use or sell.  Pictures tomorrow when I pick it all up.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

mike_belben

whatre some good auction sites?  how much are the fees and taxes?
Praise The Lord

firefighter ontheside

Well, I picked up my stuff thus morning.  I did ok, but I don't know if it was the score of the day though.  I got the aluminum paint for the kiln.  Original price was $95 and had been marked down to 55 at some point for clearance.  I got 4 of them for about $100.  I got a bunch of different laquers and polyurethane.  I paid $270 for all.  This auction had a premium of 18% which is high.
What was remarkable was that I was in line and noticed the guy behind me wearing a woodmizer hat.  I asked if he had a mill.  Well, yes he did and he is FF member @UncleMoustache 

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Ljohnsaw

I see this often...  Why is your selfie picture reversed?  Is that an iPhone thing?  Score on Lacquer thinner.  It is no longer available in California ::)
John Sawicky

Thank You Sponsors!