iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I wonder why?

Started by Maine logger88, September 18, 2015, 08:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

They put this style air filter on it doesn't work very well so I always replace it with a felt filter

Also I have bought 3 of these saws over the past 2 years and they are all 2013 models. I wonder if they stopped making them and are just selling inventory till the new models come out?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

snowshoveler

The folks that are supposed to know (Husqvarna / Jonsered ) say that is a winter or snow filter. The felt or flocked 1 is for summer use.
Most of the saws with the heated handle / carb option come with both filters now.
Or they do for us here in Nova Scotia. A lot of dealers might not give the new owner both filters but I try to make a point of showing the customer the difference in the construction of them.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

HolmenTree

I had to look twice at the air filter in the photo, at first looked like my old 630 but then noticed the modern wire hold down clip.
Nylon for winter/snow here too on the Jonsered going way back to the mid 1970s 801/90. Can't remember the 621/80 having them.
Flock with wire sub screen for summer dusty conditions.
If I remember correct those white nylon mesh we're double layered.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Maine logger88

Ok so do these work better in the snow/ice? I have never had a problem with the felt so far. My only issue with this is in dusty dirty conditions there will be a small amount of fine dirt inside the filter. I am sure as fine as it is it won't hurt anything but I still don't like it I'll just replace it

snowshoveler

I have never seen any Husky freeze a filter or carb. However it must happen somewhere or they wouldn't make that filter.
Its not as good for the fine dust. The Tech guy at Husky told us that the nylon one will actually frost over with ice crystals in certain conditions...extreme dry cold with powdery snow.
It doesn't get that cold here and it certainly is not a dry cold either.
The other interesting part of the story is that the sale of new filters is very very low.
Only a few customers buy a spare so they always have a clean one.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

HolmenTree

Central North America like where I'm here on the plains we get -30 below often enough throughout our winters . Block heaters on all our vehicles and yes those nylon filters may
get frost on them  but  usually  don't  go into the carb venturi unless the enduser was really out to lunch with the saw in the snow and dry cold. Metal screen in some of the flock filters can make carb icing worse.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SwampDonkey

I don't run chainsaws much, but I do clearing saws. I always buy new filters every year. I got two carb filters, even if I only use one. I usually get a fuel uptake filter to, but this saw is only a year old. On my old saw which I ran 10 years, still have as spare, I always got new filters as well including uptake and new carb kit every other year. These new ones I don't know what problems I'll run into with all new design. Oh well.  ;D These new filters are accordion style, only have to clean once a week. The old saw had to have the main filter cleaned daily or no power, they had a felt on it to, but that was the first thing tossed in the trash. ;D  I have seen guys mess with jets all day to no avail on the older model that I have, clean the dang filter. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Maine logger88

Thanks for the input guys! I guess I will put on a felt filter but keep this one in the pickup just incase I have trouble this winter. Any idea why I am still getting 2013 saws in 2015? Not that it really matters just curious? Also my dealer just got it in a few weeks ago so it's not his old stock

Thank You Sponsors!