iDRY Vacuum Kilns

deleted pictures

Started by xlogger, August 27, 2015, 06:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Not being good at all on computers I think I know why sometimes my pictures get deleted off my posts. Not sure what I doing wrong but when I post a picture it puts another copy in my galley. I go in to delete the copies and it takes them off my post. So if I remove any copies of my pictures is this why they are removed from post?

Update, I just read in another topic where Jeff said it does mess the topic up if you delete the picture. Now just to figure out why I'm putting copies in galley when I post pictures.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

I have no idea what you have for a computer,but this is how I post pictures.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture or posting a comment. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.

This works for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You don't upload a photo until you are ready to use it in a post, once it is in a post it must NEVER be deleted from the galley. Deleting photos from your gallery that are used in posts is grounds to get you banned from the gallery if you don't fix the mistakes, and if you are not willing to fix the mistakes, they are grounds for removal from the forum.  Deleting forum content is a very very big deal here.   We have had a couple people that decided they were just going to go back and delete posts. We deleted them.

I'm not meaning for this post to be personally directed to you xlogger, but since you brought it up, I gather you are going back and fixing your deletions, and it gives me the opportunity to once again express how serious a matter it is when messing with your gallery.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

xlogger

Jeff, I'm not trying to break your rules. Just not getting this figured out yet. When I hit click here to add a photo and go to my galley and pick photo the next page I'm seeing is upload photo and then the next window I get the chance to move it to the post. I'm guessing that when I hit upload photo it adds a copy to my galley. I was told by another member that I had too many copies in my galley and was trying to get rid of the copies I'll try again later and try to improve my skills here.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

WDH

If the pic is already in your Gallery, and you are making a post, and you want to add that pic that you have already uploaded to your gallery, when you click the blue banner at the bottom of the post, the one that says "Click here to add Photos to post", that will open up your gallery.

Do not click "Upload File".  You have already added it to your gallery.  You click, "My Gallery", find your pic, click the thumbnail to open it up, and then click "Insert Image in Post".

If you already have a pic in your gallery, and you are making a post and click the blue banner at the bottom of the post, do not click "Upload File" because you have already uploaded it, but if you do, you will just upload it a second time into the Gallery.  Now you will have two copies of the same pic.  That is what you are doing wrong. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pine

Interesting.  I thought that photos could not be "added" (linked) to a post until they were in the gallery and that they were linked to the post from the gallery after being uploaded to the gallery.  I had no idea that they could be added directly to the post  and that they would then be inserted into the gallery automatically.

Jeff

Quote from: pine on August 29, 2015, 11:28:39 AM
Interesting.  I thought that photos could not be "added" (linked) to a post until they were in the gallery and that they were linked to the post from the gallery after being uploaded to the gallery.  I had no idea that they could be added directly to the post  and that they would then be inserted into the gallery automatically.

Not sure how you got that out of this, but that is entirely incorrect.  Your original thoughts are what is the reality. The photos must be uploaded into the gallery, first. That can be done while making the post, but the photo does not go into the post until you put it there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30