iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help finding hose

Started by Dewey, October 26, 2012, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewey

I  have my Mill set up stationary, I hooked up a sawdust blower with 4"x 20' hose..  Originally  I bought it from Grizzley  The hose has run it's course, it's falling apart..  I ordered  a new clear  hose from Grizzley . It  appears that all they sell now is hose that retracts when let loose like a slinky  when you pull it all the way out. I tried it but it doesn't work with a mill that runs back and forth . The hose kinks up  and gets all twisted.  I called Grizzley and they said it's all they have I also called a local equipment  dealer  and they say the same... I'm sure there is some place out there that sells Clear Ribbed  Rubber hose that when extended out ,will stay put...  If anyone knows of a place can you let me know ????? I always wondered if the Blower is worth the money  but I forget how much sawdust you have to shovel when it quits  working  !!! >:(

Larry

For good quality long lasting hose check out Wynn Enviromental.  They have a variety so make sure you talk to somebody about the best value for your application.  I like the pvc hose as it behaves well.

I've also had good luck with hose from Blast Gate Co..  They sometimes have good buys on short lengths.  The last time I ordered I needed one foot of 6" hose.  They were happy to accommodate me the same as if I were ordering a 1,000 foot.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

leroy in kansas

Quote from: Larry on October 26, 2012, 08:08:50 PM
For good quality long lasting hose check out Wynn Enviromental.  They have a variety so make sure you talk to somebody about the best value for your application.  I like the pvc hose as it behaves well.

I've also had good luck with hose from Blast Gate Co..  They sometimes have good buys on short lengths.  The last time I ordered I needed one foot of 6" hose.  They were happy to accommodate me the same as if I were ordering a 1,000 foot.

Thanks Larry, I've been looking for a source for replacement filter can's.

Sawdust Lover

You might also try your local hydrolic hose maker. The place where we get our hydrolic lines fixed has a good source of 4" hoses. Real industrial type.

pineywoods

Dewey, I ran into the same problem. I use 5 inch hose and it's expensive. So far, this setup has worked well and it uses a minimum of hose. I think I can get it down to one hose 2 ft long..
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,60773.msg894288.html#msg894288
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

paul case

I had to go to using black 4'' flexible sewer pipe. It is kinda stiff but it is cheap at $56 for 100 feet at the local big box store. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

giant splinter

I wonder if the sewer hose that RV's use is stout enough to work .... it is very flexible and reinforced enough to not collapse under the suction plus inexpensive. If you have a super powerful suction it may not be the best solution as it is not rated for hard suction applications.
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!