iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 35 now set up in the new barn!!

Started by Durf700, December 12, 2020, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durf700

finally got the mill set up in the new barn!!  its not 100% yet but at least I can now mill this winter while finishing the loft up and getting my bat strips milled as well!!!  had a 30" hemlock at the butt end on the mill and got the floor dirty already to break the new barn in!!! 

I added a 2cd battery to the hydraulic box which keeps the hydraulics from slowing down while turning and lifting heavy logs since it now has twice the amps available to now draw from.  it also gives the hydraulics power even when the mill head is not in contact with the copper strip.  I read on facebook that some guys have been running the extra battery for a few years and they said it has worked great.  I did notice that the hydraulics tend to not slow down while under load now.

doc henderson

looks great!  wish I had cover over my mill. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

boonesyard

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Andries

LookS great - must be so nice to get everything out of the weather.
Is the loft for the sharpener and setter?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Durf700

Durf700

Quote from: Andries on December 13, 2020, 10:31:15 AM
LookS great - must be so nice to get everything out of the weather.
Is the loft for the sharpener and setter?
exactly what the loft is for!  I figure I can keep all my bands hanging up there, all my spare mill parts (including the 2 new solenoids and 8 micro switches that I will probably never need now... lol ) and a nice work table for the sharpener and setter along with tools needed for the mill.  I don't live on this property yet...  but most likely will within 2 or 3 years.  I built a home about 5 minutes away from this location 6 years ago that i'm most likely going to sell... so we can move over to this land.

Thank You Sponsors!