iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building a bridge

Started by albirk, January 22, 2011, 06:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albirk

just looking for ideas on a small bridge their is a small creek 4to6 feet wide 8" of water 3feet of mud it only needs to be 12' wide thinking of just using 4to5 logs acrost and smaller 4to5 inch logs for the deck wired to the stringer but don't no what type of wood to use the timber has locust,elm,maple and some small scrap trees
the purpas for the bridge is their is 2to3 acers of blown down timber that needs to cleaned up around 100 trees mostly locust in the 8to28" sizes for fire wood trees have been down for about 3 years and we are just getting every thing clean up to that point we will need to be able to cross bridge with a t320 bobcat and a C70 seires boomtruck
any ideas will be helpful we feel like swamp loggers

thanks alan

bill m

How much will your boom truck weigh with a full load? We need to know that before we can suggest anything.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Magicman

Will it remain or be removed after the cleanup?

My permanent bridges are five "Class 3" utility poles with 2" White Oak decking.  Two under each wheel track and one in the center.  During logging operations, we simply build a ford for the heavy equipment and logging trucks.   Junk logs, etc. are pushed in and then a layer of dirt over the top.  It rots and is washed away in about a year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Will look for your answers to questions above, but for long term use the locust you have would likely be the best.
Assess the risk of what might happen if a log fails and what that might mean to your day.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

albirk

the bridge will be removed after clean up  as far as the weight someplace around 6000lbs loaded that is on the back end of the truck front end will be across by then(i hope) we try to brush out the tree hook 2or3 logs on the winch and skid them to the landing were we cut to 10or12' logs and haul home in dump trailer to cut,split and stack for fire wood i try to stack all soft wood  and limb wood in a sepert rows to get used up first the locust can set 4or5 years and don't seam to bother it try to stay two or three years ahead

thanks for the help

Thank You Sponsors!