iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas 830 taking the slabber attachement on/off

Started by oakiemac, September 12, 2017, 08:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

I've had my Lucas mill for about 2 years now and have just used it for slabbing. I just bought the planer disc so today I took off the slabber but had at least one issue. I couldn't get the slabber off without first taking the vertical piece that holds the bar oil off then I had enough room to slide the "fingers" out of the casing. The lucas manual is generally lacking in good enough so I was wondering if this is normal. Manual basically say just slide it off but there is not enough room on right side without taking off that vertical piece.
Anyone have any suggestions or is that normal?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

longtime lurker

In on the gearbox side there are a pair of pins held by two thumb screws. Loosen the thumb screws and those pins can slide out of the receiver holes in the gearbox enabling the slabber unit to move closer to the box.

From there with a bit of a wiggle the slabber can clear the retaining bolts on the other side and she's off.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

oakiemac

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!