iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Quote from: Resonator on March 01, 2024, 05:22:50 PMHad a customer a few years back get a good deal on a saw that way. Previous owner had put bar oil in the gas tank, and vice versa, and insisted the saw was ruined. My customer dumped the tanks, refilled the proper fluids, and it started right up. ffsmiley
I got a 272 and a 61 husky dat I picked up that way.  ffsmiley  Also a couple of homelite super 2's that the duck bill had fell off the bar oil line. But I don't own up to the fact that I got them last two saws.  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dougtrr2

In some ways I prefer the new cap, even though I have lost more that one tank of oil.  I had to replace the oil caps every few years because the threaded portion would split.  I didn't trust finger tight so I would use the scrunch to snug them, but I didn't feel I was over tightening them.

Doug in SW IA

doc henderson

the original that came on my 046-mag lasted 25 years.  It (new style) would be fine if you could tell when it did not seat right, and also if it was obvious what to do to fix then when they are out of synch.  you can buy a pack of 6 on amazon, so I think the new ones self-implode on a regular basis.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

My dumb move of the day was cutting heavy firewood on the hill above my house and rolling it down the hill. Most stopped part way as expected, some made it as far as the pasture fence which was no big issue. One stopped against the R front time of my truck and another rolled past my wife's car. smiley_sweat_drop No real damage done but I need to check out that slope angle better next time.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Howard,
      I don't want to be on your bowling team. smiley_thumbsdown :uhoh: :SHOCKED1: :lipsrsealed2: :scared3: oz_smiley
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

WV Sawmiller

Tim,

Somebody has to keep those gutters cleared. :uhoh:
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

I was at Walmart today and checking out in the self check out.  I decided to get some cash.  Took my items and the receipt and off I went to the post office.  Drove halfway home after that and realized I left my cash.  I called walmart and they went to check for me.  No money.  They told me if I came in they would check the cameras to see what happened.  Apparently 2 customers came after me.  One checked out and didn't see the money.  The next one helped himself to my money and off he went.  Walmart manager said sorry and there was nothing he could do.  I thanked him for looking.  It was only $40, but still made me mad.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

red

I to was at Walmart today and I used the ATM . . it would only allow a $200 withdrawal . . I was mad and walked away leaving my card in the machine . . 10 minutes later when I was at the cash register I realized I didn't have my card and I must have left it in the ATM . . so I go right over and no card . . I check my pockets again and still no card . . then I try the front desk courtesy counter . . Lucky me they had my card 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

Boy you guys are wimps worrying about a little cash and a lost debit card! Try walking off and leaving your brand new American passport at the Customs and Immigration counter in Beijing China!

I did that back in 2006. As I approached the departure gate for my next flight I realized what I had done and rushed back to see if I'd left it on the plane, which was of course now pulled away from the gate. I had to go to Security and report the loss. They assigned a "Minder" who probably pulls wings off of flies for fun. She was about 4' nothing and very stern, marched me around the airport telling me "You come me" so I followed like a little lapdog. She made some calls and took me further from the crowds into more remote areas of the airport down to a deep dark corner near the departure area. I knew my days were numbered till we finally approached a closet sized office near a deserted corner with a sign saying "Lost and Found". Lo and behold some benevolent soul had turned it in and it and I were reunited.

Of course by then my flight had left so I asked Miss Manners what to do now as I did not have a visit visa for China. She replied "You buy ticket China Airways. You go 'way." I told her no I just have to stay in the airport and catch the same flight tomorrow as it was a daily flight. She said "You no got visa. You buy tick China Airway, You go 'way." I told her no, I'd wait in the airport with visions of Tom Hanks in the Terminal and she snatched my passport, ordered me "You sit here" and stormed off. I figured she'd gone for more muscle! About half an hour later she returned, alone - thank goodness - and slapped the passport in my had and said "You go 'way. You come back 'morrow." I told her I could not go as I did not have a visa. She replied "I get you visa. You go 'way. You come back 'morrow."

I looked in my passport and found a new visa from China so I hurried off before I really made her mad. I went to the departure lounge, found an airport courtesy phone for a hotel with airport pick up. I called and spent the night in a decent hotel for about $50, returned the next day and came back to WV otherwise un-scathed.

whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley no_no no_no smiley_furious3 smiley_furious3 smiley_speechless smiley_speechless smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sweat_drop
Howard Green

rusticretreater

You go Way-virginia! Now!
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

TimW

That is a good new nickname.  You go way Howard. ffcool ffcheesy ffwave ffsmiley :sunny: :thumbsup: :yellow: thumbs-up smiley_bounce fly_smiley :red: go_away taz-smiley fiddle-smiley
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Southside

All I can say is that is probably a really good thing there weren't any steep hills around that airport. ffcheesy
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jpassardi

That alone sounds like a great reason to stay out of China...
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Nebraska

You roll Way!  ffcheesy

Your previous story is an adventure I have zero desire to try.   ffsmiley

Magicman

I loved it when she kept saying; You go 'way.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: jpassardi on March 05, 2024, 06:47:05 AMThat alone sounds like a great reason to stay out of China...
Hey, if you've got to be stranded there are a lot worse places. $50/night for a 3 star hotel and dinner meals probably less than $10 is not too bad. I walked around the area sight-seeing and shopping and if I could have found even one of those motorized rickshaw drivers who could speak English I'd have hired him as a driver/guide for the whole evening but there wasn't one who could or would speak English so it was shank's mare the whole time.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

My new daily dumb act was trying to make a 3-egg omelet and deciding to use a flat skillet instead of regular cast iron skillet with sides. It is obviously going to be easier to slide the spatula under the omelet in a flat skillet. What I found was:

1) My stovetop is not level
2) A flat skillet won't hold 3 scrambled up eggs
3) Cleaning up raw eggs under the burner eyes is a pain in the patoo.

"You sit here. You no make no more omlit! You waste eggs. I come back soon to chek on you!"
Howard Green

Magicman

No omelet making here.  

Last night I made a one scrambled egg quesadilla using a floured tortilla, cheese, and of course an egg.  It turned out so well that there will be another.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

TimW

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 05, 2024, 10:54:20 AMWhat I found was:

Howard,
ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy Anybody here that has been reading your posts could tell you it is on a hill. ffwave

TimW

Quote from: Magicman on March 05, 2024, 11:05:52 AMNo omelet making here. 

Last night I made a one scrambled egg quesadilla using a floured tortilla, cheese, and of course an egg.  It turned out so well that there will be another.  food6
I am gonna have to try that, Lynn. :sunny:   You made me hungry. :thumbsup:

Crusarius

Try putting garlic on the tortilla :) 

Magicman

You put Garlic on yours.  Mine got butter. ffcheesy

TimW

Butter and fajita seasoning. ffcool

Southside

Quote from: TimW on March 05, 2024, 01:11:59 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 05, 2024, 10:54:20 AMWhat I found was:

Howard,
ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy Anybody here that has been reading your posts could tell you it is on a hill. ffwave
You beat me to it!!!  I was going to say the exact same thing!!   ffcheesy
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

@WV Sawmiller , Don't be wasting eggs, grade a large are $3.59/dz here, $1.49/dz a month ago!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!