iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodshed

Started by Bruno of NH, August 24, 2019, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Sawed out a 10x10 woodshed for my tree guy and went over today and cut the parts and showed him and his friend how to build it.
Boy I can't wait to get my knees back so I can show these young bucks a thing or two.
The chainsaws and beers didn't come out till 10:00.
I had to keep my mouth shut
I don't like that stuff when my name's on something.
I always want things to look good.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

btulloh

Nice work on your part. 

Chainsaws and beers lead to a bad look on many fronts. I hope they survive. 
HM126

Southside

Personally I would have told them to put them away until the tools were up or I would have walked. Never had to walk once yet, some dirty looks but I don't care. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Bruno,

I was nervous opening this thread expecting to find someone was in trouble again. I sure was glad it was actually a building. Looks like they will have a real nice shed if they don't hurt themselves.

I built mine a couple years ago about that size but just built it like a small pole barn with locust uprights and left a dirt floor and stack my firewood on locust posts. Are they leaving the front open or are they going to close it in?

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

WV
It's going to be closed in with a door.
That's what he wanted
If it was mine , it would have the front open.
Wood needs air to dry.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SawyerTed

Years ago in my days of indiscretion, my buddy brought a case of beer and some 16' 4x4 posts wanting to build an elevated deer stand.  Several hours later we stood it up in its location. Neither of us climbed into it that day.  We got away with no injuries.

Later we went to look at it.  Turned out to be a waste of lumber.  We never hunted in it, too scared to!  

We don't drink and use tools anymore 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

mitchstockdale

My uncle almost cut his sons legs off at the ankles with a power trowel that got away on him...he was drinking all day.  

Always an awkward feeling when you are helping out a friend and the other help are a case deep and acting a fool.  I know my limit (which is usually 0 cause it really slow production down) while working at my own place  with no one else around but you can never know how it affects others. 

Jeff

Man, y'all don't know how strong the urge is to send the woodshed to the woodshed just to say it had been done. :D :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

Southside

It could be the first thread to go to the Woodshed and return!!  Assuming that's even technically possible and it's not like a giant black hole that sucks things in and they can't escape the gravity.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!