iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy New Year to everyone.

Started by Patrick NC, December 31, 2020, 09:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Just wanted to drop a post to wish everyone a happy new year. I'm still fairly new at this, but I wanted to thank everyone for all the knowledge you've been willing to share with me. My dream has always been to own my own business , not necessarily my only source of income, but something I built myself from scratch. Well, thanks to the shared knowledge I got from y'all and a lot of hard work, I'm beginning to achieve that dream. I have no illusions of getting rich, or even being able to support my entire lifestyle with a sawmill, but I'm making a decent side income with it. It's something that I really enjoy and when I'm sawing lumber it doesn't even feel like work. 
 The information and feeling of being part of a community that I've gotten from this forum has been my most valuable resource. Again I want to thank Jeff and all the other administrators for providing such a great place for people to learn from others about this trade. 
Thanks
Patrick 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

doc henderson

what ever keeps you off the streets Patrick!   :D  I told my wife I could have a red convertible driving around town.  but instead I got a red sawmill.   :new_year:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

@Patrick NC this is an unusual online community.  The fellowship is unlike any other place online.  People are committed to everyone's success no matter how far your sawmilling takes you!  I echo your appreciation for the knowledge and brotherhood shared here. 

I shared this on my Facebook page earlier.

I'm sitting in the woods, in a deer stand, reflecting on 2020.   It has been a difficult year for so many.  While not 100% preventable, it didn't have to be like this. 

It is difficult for me to say Happy New Year.  It seems so damned glib.

Instead I will say...

May you and yours be well in 2021
May you be safe, warm and sheltered
May you have food to sustain you and may you find resources to make it until times are better
May you find space in your heart for those less fortunate
May we all find a better way and make a better world in the next 365 days

It is my hope that on December 31, 2021 we can say Happy New Year with light hearts and love!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Walnut Beast

Well said Guys👍. Happy New Year to all and a prosperous 2021

WV Sawmiller

Happy New Year to all. I hope everybody remembers to eat their Blackeyed Peas and Hog Jowls tomorrow so you will have a better 2021 (Not that it could be much worse).

If you use your personal vehicle for any business use be sure to remember to write down your mileage tonight for ending 2020 and starting 2021 mileage for IRS use/reporting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Don P

Don't forget your collards, green brings green  ;D
I hope we all have a safe, healthy and happy new year.

firefighter ontheside

To a better New Year.....2021!

@Patrick NC I mirror your sentiment about this place.  I could have written exactly what you said because its the same for me.  My good friend @gfadvm who was a member here before he passed away steered me to this site.  I'm so glad he did.  I have his sawmill now and I'm doing what he did with it.  Sawing lumber, making a little money making some friends and enjoying life.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!