iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

As we are first to see 2021 I thought I'd start the new thread.

New Years Day rates a trip to the beach. So far 2021 is looking pretty good  :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Yep, nice day for Jan 1 here to. Sun ain't up yet, but suppose to be bright and mild. Spring came early. But we are expecting a bunch of snow on Saturday. :D

I better go build a fire, I don't want Ray to think the weather is warmer up here. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Looks like Ianab got ya beat on the fire. ;D  I went and filled mine up too. Kinda thought that was a good idea at 22°. The ground is bare, no snow, but when I get up next morning the ground will be white again.
Looks like the sun is out here too. Would like to see the sun out nice and bright all day.
I was out in the woods picking up some dead wood that had fell over.
Days are getting longer now too.  :D  50 seconds.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Nice day here too also. The temp has shot up to 30°F and it is partly sunny. Was quiet last night with no weather activity. Tonight we expect rain, sleet, freezing rain, maybe turning back to rain from around sundown through the overnight, then a high near 40 tomorrow. So an interesting and spiteful entry into the new year. It's going to be one of those nights where I pray everyone will stay home and not do anything stupid, because for those driving Fire trucks, ambulances, or Police cars it is very dangerous to just get out on the road to get anywhere. I hated running the inevitable calls we would get on those nights, and a lot of times I would just drive to the fire house and hang out waiting for the call you knew would come.
 My best wishes to everyone here for a happy and healthy New Year, and may it treat all of us a little better than the one just passed.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

A little hazy down by Katahdin.

Mars Hill

Was 16F here this morning at daylight. But you know, with the sun, no fire for the rest of the day until dark. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

was supposed to wake up to snow.  Predicted a week or two of below freezing at night, 40s in the daytime.  trying the syrup/sap deal.  started early as we are told it gets earlier each year for a while now.  I suspect it will peak in early Feb.  based on what I have read.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

A nice sunny day. Drove through the woods a little and saw 4 trees that had broke off from the last wind storm.  All EWP, some firewood, some I hope to saw into lumber. I even cleaned up some of an old red oak that had split off. Time to put away the outdoor Christmas decorations. 32° at just about high noon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yep, we cleaned up Christmas here today. Can't say back to normal, got a ways to go, maybe next Jan.

51cub

After a nice day for Jan 1, now it's 29 and a mix falling. Temp will go up as the day goes on. Cloudy and right around freezing tomorrow. More snow coming Sunday into Monday
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Chuck White

Outside or inside furnace?

Either way, that'll make some heat!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Indoor furnace Chuck. I don't do the wade snow for firewood thing. :D

Don't take long neither, fan on in 7 mins. ;D

farmfromkansas

Must have a combustion air blower.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

SwampDonkey

Quote from: farmfromkansas on January 02, 2021, 09:55:09 AM
Must have a combustion air blower.
Just good draft farmfromkansas, open ash pan door a crack. Then I close it up once the fan kicks in and it stays closed. Noise is draft air, until at the end when fan kicks on. This furnace does have the option for the combustion air blower, don't need it. ;D

sawguy21

We woke up to a good snowfall Boxing Day, this morning it was above freezing and sloppy roads at 7:30. The weather guru says this is what to expect for the next two weeks, not good news for the loggers and outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Two snow bikers got caught in an avalanche last week, they didn't survive.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Blizzard here today, suppose to get around 6". Plow just went by, low 20's I think.

yj junker

Beautiful out Swampdonkey  8)been waiting for this blizzard 15-25 cm for Moncton area  :snowball: Time to get the sleds out  ;D

woodroe

That Ermine i saw the other day must be happy with some fresh snow to hide in.
He stuck out like a sore thumb a couple days ago combing a rock wall with no snow anywhere.
At first sighting I thought albino squirrel till I got close enough to tell the difference.
We had a staring contest from 20' for a minute and I moved along left him alone.
They are curious critters and have had a few encounters around wood piles with them.
Had one going in and out of my truck engine compartment looking for mice a couple years back.
Went x-c skiing today ! 6" of nice snow to slide around the property on. Happy New Year !
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: woodroe on January 02, 2021, 05:15:29 PM
That Ermine i saw the other day must be happy with some fresh snow to hide in.
They do like chicken, this guy eating on chicken scrap under the car. :D

I haven't seen Ralph yet, maybe not enough snow. This was Feb 2019 I think, so almost 2 years. Cousin drove up as I was walking along the road. Asked me if I've seen a lynx. I said yes, right over there in the sun. Her jaw dropped. :D Funny how stuff happens at the right time. Priceless. :)

thecfarm

The ground is white again. Maybe 6 inches.

thecfarm

No melting at my house today. Low tonight 20°.

Runningalucas

North Idaho, and Eastern Washington here.... Weather is phenomenally beautiful.  The sun has been out far more this Fall, and now winter.  Our snow in town is all, but gone, and up at the farm, barely 5"; which this time of year should be near 2 feet.  Happy, and Prosperous New Year to All!
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

51cub

25 and light snow. A couple inches overnight but should end soon. Maybe some sun around noon and going to the mid 30s
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

sawguy21

Light rain, the snow is disappearing quickly. We know we are gonna get it, just a matter of when.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Overcast here and in the 20's. No fire since this morning, just built it back up for the evening. But noticed on the mountain a freezing fog settled on it and covered trees in ice today. None yesterday when it was sunny. Not going to be too sunny this week they say, but no big storms. Awfully mild for January, I suppose the ice will be in until June. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!