iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on April 14, 2021, 08:07:37 PM
Had a woods fire about 15 minutes from me. Someone burning something and it got away from them. Way too dry to be burning!!!!
Yesterday I seen someone a few miles down the road burning a large brush pile, not going to lie made me feel a little worried knowing how dry things are around here too. We always got Forrest fires around me with all the drunk red necks further down the road into the Bush from me :D
I am going to establish a fire road around the perimeter of my land some day in the future for more peace of mind 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

About 3-4" of white stuff the last two days on the picnic table. Ground is all white this morning. Winter isn't done for us yet I guess.

thecfarm

Foggy this morning. 
Looks like I will have to bring some more wood up to the OWB. Temps a little below freezing for a few mornings. Winter is not over here either.  ;D  Snows here in April and most have a fit about it. Get ready for a fit!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, been building a smudge most every morning here. Came up stairs this evening and it's 85F. Windows were opened up and that big curtain closed. :D 65F outside and sun a beaming down. I don't think the snow is going to be much for us, they said in the 40's tomorrow, so might be some mixed in with rain at the start. Time will tell. Maple is flowering today.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Mid April is usually the end of winter here when it comes to snowstorms. 
12 weeks beyond groundhog's eight more weeks BS. 
We have had some doozies about now, wet n heavy.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Got some snow on the way for this evening looks like it will be short duration but heavy and then melt the next day, looks like Maine will get hit too
A1

thecfarm

Yes on the snow, but only an inch so far. Have to watch that so far too. At 33° who knows what will happen. The wet stuff is still coming down too.
Just like last night, no snow at work, half way home the ground is white, I could see no snow at my house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We've had barely a trace here so far, in fact you'd have to look hard because it's not a blanket. Not doing anything at the moment. In an hour it could be a full on blizzard. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

By the time I went to sleep around 9 it was wet snow, woke up at 2 am it was white fluff everywhere I nearly had a heart attack, luckily it has melted quickly and only a little left. Probably 3 inches or so
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on April 17, 2021, 06:02:25 AM
Yes on the snow, but only an inch so far. Have to watch that so far too. At 33° who knows what will happen. The wet stuff is still coming down too.
Just like last night, no snow at work, half way home the ground is white, I could see no snow at my house.
My least favourite. Cold/freezing rain. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Never amounted to anything here, the sun is out now. No water out of that in any form. :D

woodroe

Thats too bad SD. 
Seeing 2" liquid in my rain gauge.
All white this morning 3" dripping wet snow, mostly gone now but
boy did the grass green up. Must be fertilizer in that April snow.

thecfarm

It was  a cold snow, but not freezing snow.  ???   I only saw snow on the road in just a few places. What I saw was just like mush.  Maybe an inch where I live.

SwampDonkey

Been low 30's at night and low 40's by day here. Had a couple sprinkles here today, was up at the woodlot for a ride and forwarded 3 buggy loads of wood out a new trail to the main trail and came home with a load. Not my intention to haul wood home that way, but since I'm there, might as well load up. ;D

Going to be back to about 60F for the next 3 days.

Grass and clover is germinated I planted last week of March. :)

woodroe

Frost on the Rhubarb this morning. Yes it is poking through.
Saw snow on the Asparagus poking through once in recent years.
But here we go back into another round of spring for a spell.

chevytaHOE5674

3" of snow on the ground this morning on and off white out conditions. Plow trucks are out in full force salting like crazy. Hopefully this is the last one of the winter. 

SwampDonkey

Yes, rhubarb came up here a week ago, but not up by a lot, couple inches maybe at most. The daffodils have been up now for over a week. See tulips up to, just the leaves so far on them.

It's early here this spring. I called the nursery about getting some currants, they said not until the middle of May. I said the raspberries are leafing out here.  Potato fields are being worked today, but seed is in short supply. Potato seed is ordered like last fall, not in April. I think it was the drought, no crop. We grew our own seed here which was certified. We had too much junk dumped on us that it was the only way to be sure of good seed.

Nebraska

Snowed a couple inches here  this morning.

HemlockKing

Was 68 here 2 hours ago. Tomorrow might hit 70  ;D 
A1

HemlockKing

Gonna be a beautiful day I can feel it, drove to Tim Hortons and captured this beautiful shot off the causeway just 30 min ago.
A1

doc henderson

In t-shirt yesterday, now this is the mill area this am.  looks like I may get stuff done in the shop and house today.  will not last long, but mud will replace the snow.  

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HemlockKing

Quote from: doc henderson on April 20, 2021, 08:54:54 AM
In t-shirt yesterday, now this is the mill area this am.  looks like I may get stuff done in the shop and house today.  will not last long, but mud will replace the snow.  

Already 65 here and I'm working outside t shirt and shorts and it's only 10am! Sure was brisk this morning though at 32  ;D
A1

HemlockKing

The ticks are loving this weather too just met 2 that I pulled off my neck and promptly burnt with a lighter :o
A1

firefighter ontheside

@doc henderson its starting to snow here right now.  They say we may see an inch on grassy and elevated surfaces.  It was 70 yesterday.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

our is mostly melted but for the shady spots.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!