iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kel-Tec handgun

Started by Chuck White, January 21, 2021, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Just wondering if there are any NY residents here that own a Kel-Tec PMR-30 22Magnum handgun?

I would like to get one, but can't get the original PMR-30 because the magazine will hold 30 rounds.

The things that will prevent people in NY from getting one is the magazine capacity (can't legally hold more than 10), and the pistol can't have a threaded barrel.

I have looked on the net, and there are places where you can get restricted magazines, restricted to 10-rounds.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

Can't you have someone from out of state get you a mag?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tacotodd

@Raider Bill I believe it depends on how closely that you want to follow the law.

Me, I'd never think twice about it, but you've got to be sure to not let anybody know about it. And you also have to be careful about possibly implicating someone else, if things go sideways, ya know!
Trying harder everyday.

sidehill6

have two friends here in cny that bought theirs through the same gunshop/dealer/builder that had the correct license to build or modify firearms, i believe they told me it was a class 8 ffl

Chuck White

I know it wouldn't be exceedingly difficult to get an illegal pistol, but I want to stay completely within the laws regarding such issues!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Onthesauk

Almost impossible to find 22 mag ammo right now.  I've been able to find 9mm and 380 but haven't found any 22mag in any store or online.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Gearbox

I wanted one until I put it in my hand . Big and clunkey . Got a 38 air weight instead 
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Chuck White

Might just look around and maybe find something that looks similar, but in a centerfire caliber!

stavebuyer

Quote from: Chuck White on January 22, 2021, 08:09:04 AM
Might just look around and maybe find something that looks similar, but in a centerfire caliber!
If you look at the .22 mag ballistics out of 2-3" barrel; they don't compare very favorably to rifle ballistics. Not hardly worth the extra noise and expense over standard .22LR when fired in a short pistol/revolver barrel. 

Texas Ranger

Quote from: stavebuyer on January 22, 2021, 02:51:43 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on January 22, 2021, 08:09:04 AM
If you look at the .22 mag ballistics out of 2-3" barrel; they don't compare very favorably to rifle ballistics. Not hardly worth the extra noise and expense over standard .22LR when fired in a short pistol/revolver barrel.
As proof of this, fire a mag out of the North American arms shorty,  Fireball city, lot of umpf going out the short barrel.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Skip

Friend of mine told me a 500rd. brick of .22 ammo was $90 at a gun show in Cinn. OH his son went to . :o ::)

stavebuyer

Quote from: Skip on January 23, 2021, 08:57:39 AM
Friend of mine told me a 500rd. brick of .22 ammo was $90 at a gun show in Cinn. OH his son went to . :o ::)
Wow. I bought and bought and bought in 2008 before the election. I am covered but that is just sad.

Walnut Beast

45 ammo seems to be sold out everywhere 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: stavebuyer on January 23, 2021, 06:33:41 PM
Quote from: Skip on January 23, 2021, 08:57:39 AM
Wow. I bought and bought and bought in 2008 before the election. I am covered but that is just sad.
Smart man

barbender

I think maybe Stavebuyer started the original run on ammo and it's never let up since😂
Too many irons in the fire

stavebuyer

Quote from: barbender on January 23, 2021, 08:25:42 PM
I think maybe Stavebuyer started the original run on ammo and it's never let up since😂
They haven't banned it yet; but I have not seen any more of the Federal 550 bulk packs @ the $12.50 I paid either.  ;D

barbender

The good ol' days!😊 I have quite a bit of 22 on hand, over the last 20 years I've always just bought a brick when they were in sale and ended up accumulating some. I wasn't hoarding back then, it was simply good deals. I should've bought thousands and thousands and resold I guess. As an aside, something that really ticks me off is when police search a home whether for valid reasons or otherwise, and the local police official gets on the news and says something like, "there were several guns and several thousand rounds of ammunition found in the home", as if that is some kind of implication of guilt. Unless the suspect is a felon, he can have as many guns and rounds of ammo as he wants. Not to mention 4 bricks of 22 ammo constitutes "several thousand rounds". They should know better, and probably do.
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

An acquaintance lost his home to a fire, he told police there were firearms and ammunition inside. The cop asked him if he had a current PAL, possession and acquisition licence, which had lapsed. He was told hmmm, that could be a problem! My home is burning and that is all you have to worry about? :o He didn't get any grief over it but insurance doesn't want to cover the rifles.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coalsmok

I have one of the Keltec PMR30's. It's a nice pistol but ammunition is to precious right now to enjoy it. A full clip goes quick. 

WV Sawmiller

Barbender,

I can see the news report when they arrest you and say "Subject was apprehended with over 2,000 rounds of ammunition on hand" and they will never mention it was .22 and low brass #8 skeet shot. What they should be reporting is "Thanks to the fast action of Federal, state and local authorities it is estimated over 300 aluminum pop cans and over 400 clay pigeons were saved from certain death and injury."

Every time I see a sensational news report saying the individual was arrested with over 1,000 rounds I keep thinking "That's a couple of bricks of .22 rounds and a good afternoon plinking at the range". Note they never mention the type or caliber of ammo involved.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Skip

Just saw yesterday that they arrested someone from DC "riot" that had at his home a 1,000 rounds of ammo .I guess we are supposed to be shocked  :o . NOT  ::)  I'll not say more . 

goose63

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 05, 2021, 11:12:09 PM
Barbender,

I can see the news report when they arrest you and say "Subject was apprehended with over 2,000 rounds of ammunition on hand" and they will never mention it was .22 and low brass #8 skeet shot. What they should be reporting is "Thanks to the fast action of Federal, state and local authorities it is estimated over 300 aluminum pop cans and over 400 clay pigeons were saved from certain death and injury."

Every time I see a sensational news report saying the individual was arrested with over 1,000 rounds I keep thinking "That's a couple of bricks of .22 rounds and a good afternoon plinking at the range". Note they never mention the type or caliber of ammo involved.
Its a good thing thy don't look in my house I have more ammo than i can shoot in a life time the fire dept if you have a fire don't call us we ain't comeing
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WV Sawmiller

Then again with our current media/press services, they could have been BBs or pellets for air rifles. Heck, it might have even been paintball or slingshot ammo.  ::) But it sounded suspenseful didn't it!
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Tacotodd

You can't help the fact that "they" only want the ratings! But we are smart enough to think and ask detailed questions before we come to any real conclusions, about anything that we don't really know backwards and forwards. After all, isn't that what makes us, uhm, dangerous?
Trying harder everyday.

Wudman

My favorite one is.........."a gun was found at school today!"...........Yep....a shotgun locked up in a toolbox in a kid's truck that had been hunting that morning.  When I was a kid, you would find a hundred on any given day.  After my wife and I were married, we lived about 1/2 mile from the high school.  Any given morning, I might have a dozen guns in my den that were dropped off by kids headed to school.  All of my son's buddies knew they could drop them off there to avoid having the "gun on school property".

Wudman  
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!