iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade guide design?

Started by Satamax, April 09, 2021, 03:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody. 

I need your help for ideas. 

I have a friend who has the same brand sawmill as mine, but the model after. My blade guide is a ........ (type the word you want) 

His looks like this. 

I find this better than mine. But i would like to add a "tilt" So i could raise or lower a smidge the front of the blade if i need to. Any idea. One which comes to mind, thicker polyethylene pads, with a fulcrum in the middle, and two recessed screws front and back. To adjust. 

Thanks guys. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Osterman.r

Look into a cooks saw single roller guid retro fit kit. They've got it figured out over there at cooks saw.

Satamax

Quote from: Osterman.r on April 09, 2021, 04:56:11 AM
Look into a cooks saw single roller guid retro fit kit. They've got it figured out over there at cooks saw.
Thanks a lot. But i don't think that would work. Blades are about 5 inch wide!  ;D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Osterman.r

Aha, sorry, I didn't take a good enough look at your blade in your pic. That must be a big mill.

ladylake

Seems like if you put any pressure on those sandwich guide it would heat them or the blade up fast.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Satamax

Well, i don't know, it's special anti friction plastic. And it's lubricated the the cutting "coolant". 

Thank You Sponsors!