iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One down last night

Started by Magicman, April 10, 2021, 10:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Well half down anyway.  This was my "Champion" tree here at our two acre home property.

Yup, back yard tree, and what a mess.  Cherrybark (Red) Oak ~36"+ and it's lodged into my next door neighbor's trees in the back corner of our lots.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

wind and water eventually get the best of them.  great sentimental value.  can you mill and use the wood for gift projects or for your cabin?  glad no one was injured ect.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Patrick NC

That's going to be some project getting that thing down. Dealing with the stump should be a lot of fun too. Be careful. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Magicman

It's too wet (which is why it fell) back there to even look right now. We got ~2½" more rain last night on top of already saturated soil.  That plus the new leaves catching the wind. 

It actually became my neighbor's problem to have it removed so we shall see.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Doesn't look like I see a fence. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

I can't see it either but there is a chain link fence just beyond the green compost barrel on the left.  Those large canes are on the adjoining property.  That tree was not grown into the fence but close.  It's leaning at probably a 60° angle.

Magicman

Another view:

Showing the chain link fence on the right. 

slider

I have been doing this for 11 years . if i could get a rope in the top and dislodge it i would. if not do a bore cut at the stump and pull it out of the other tree. caution that stump is going to drop back in the hole in a hurry . If they work on your property be sure you see proof of insurance. 
al glenn

Andries

Quote from: slider on April 10, 2021, 04:22:57 PMI have been doing this for 11 years . if i could get a rope in the top and dislodge it i would. . . 
Good advice there.
A throw bag and slingshot, and a come-along to a tag line is about the safest way to deal with those. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WV Sawmiller

On the stump I cut  a large downed pine for a friend that had fallen in a derecho 8 years ago. It was across and blocking his drive. I started at the top cutting into logs and when I cut at about the 10' mark it just stood right back up as if it had never moved . A couple years ago I was sawing 3 big uprooted wild cherries on shares for a guy. I sawed one that was about 28-30 inches and about 30 minutes later it just stood right back up. The stump was only about 3' high and it sort of surprised us just because of the long delay.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crossroads

Glad it didn't damage any houses cars or people. We've been having some high winds to go with frost heave, so I'm seeing quite a few big pines holding down houses and cars. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!