iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum YouTube Channel

Started by Tam-i-am, April 13, 2021, 10:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

Good thing you had a metric adjustable wrench!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tacotodd

And I thought that it was a "foreigner" speed wrench    :D     That's what I've always been told they were.
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

Our first special guest member makes a virtual visit today. Stay tuned for the bonus video sometime this week!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

ALL RIGHT! 8) Better than a podcast for sure!  ;)
Trying harder everyday.

PoginyHill

Loved the story. Personally, I like the longer videos - no pressure to compromise on content with a hurry to rush. I make frequent use of the pause button, though. No need to watch everything in one sitting.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Resonator

Neat story!  thumbs-up
If you do videos working on anything with an engine, put "Will It Run?" in the title. Guaranteed to get thousands of views.  ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Nebraska

Jeff thanks, I liked it and I  don't mind  the pauses. I don't really  want to watch a professionally edited commercial   video that is perfect.  Just be yourself.

Jeff

Any suggestions are most welcome. I dunno what im doing, just making it up. :D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on April 19, 2021, 11:06:04 AM
I don't know what you're doing either, but it's enjoyable.  :D 
Shop tours are always enjoyable so dolls can see some of the oddities that keep a person occupied. I did a half ashed one about a year ago that got favorable respones. Wondered what happened to that?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

mike_belben

Quote from: Jeff on April 19, 2021, 11:06:04 AM
I havent had the time to watch yet so this isnt a criticism at all.  As for myself, i find that editing my stupid things out makes a much better video that im less self conscious about.  Me yelling at my kid or being interrupted by something no longer requires a do over.  I just split the frames and trim the stuff out with a fade transition and like my vids so much more now.  
I try to remember to slow down and pause more because its so much easier to stitch edits together smoothly when youre pausing.  Its difficult when racing through a vid and feeling time pressured.  Before editing id rattle as fast as i could to keep it short.  But i never get them right in one press of the play button.  Only by gluing snips together am i content with the outcome. 
Cap and Cut is the app i use on the phone and its pretty excellent, and free.  Lots of online tutorials on how to do whatever youre trying to do with it. 
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

The wife has a youtube channel. I did a video on
Intex portable skimmer start to finish.
That has 234,568 views. Choice your words wisely!!!!
I work in a hardware store and have had a few people come in and said they liked the videos. Some guy told me that and I said which one. It was setting up the pool one. He said it really helped him out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Jeff

21incher

YouTube has changed a lot over the last couple months. They have added many new channels and started pushing multiple adds on videos to allow you to earn the same revenue as a couple months ago with one add before the video. They seem to be diluting advertising fees to cover everyone. One wrong word in a video and your analytics will drop so try to be as PC as you can. With all the extra adds many viewers now use add blockers that also can change analytics.  One word of caution is avoid music I have found even royalty free music can have copyright claims for a couple notes years later. Scammers know what it takes to fight them and walkaway with any revenue made from that video. Also scan the copyright tab that shows if any of your videos are being uploaded in another country. People do copy videos and reupload them with monetization. YouTube is good at taking them down fast.
One thing that helps is weather or not you like Amazon set up an affiliate account and try to use products from them in videos that are readily available. Many viewers will want the products if they work good and most use Amazon so it's a good way to earn a little extra to help support the costs of a channel.
Number of views of on a video doesn't mean as much as what part of the world they are from. I got over a million views one night on a video and was excited but they were all in India so I only made like $3.00 
Once you get over 12 million views everything gets better with higher paying adds.
Just keep on doing what you are doing, use accurate tags on the videos so they get to the right viewers, and your channel will grow over time. Once your subscriber count gets a little higher youtube will offer your videos to larger audiences. You and Tammy are a great couple that viewers will enjoy and Cover pics showing both of you or just Tammy will result in more views. Avoid controversial subjects in the beginning.  
My 2 cents.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Didn't take but a few seconds to know who that was.  Maybe we could bribe him with a new purple dress.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

The sound was bad, I'll do better. Why I didn't put the Bluetooth speaker by the camera, not the TV. Doh!  The lighting was bad, However! We had fun doing it and I thank David and Kurt for jumping on, whole hog!;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 19, 2021, 07:35:37 PM
Maybe we could bribe him with a new purple dress.  :D
My size has changed. 😂😂😂
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Well, how much weight did you loose?? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

This seems much easier than making the  forum a ceiling block, which took 12 years to complete.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

Its just I'm not getting very much feedback, other than what I should of did or should not be doing. I know that it's not a polished channel and with the gear I'm using found in the storage closet and my knowledge of how to do this, don't expect it to be soon, but I'm willing to keep trying if there is reason. This topic has far more views than the videos do at this point. I know it is to early to be discouraged.

Hilltop366

It's probably going to take time to build a audience but you have a advantage over most with the Forestry Forum as your jumping off point. So far (since the Behind the Forestry Forum launch) you have publish the intro videos and the pig/goat one so not much to gauge by yet.  Keep on doing some more and see what takes off. 

I wonder if there is some info on video length vs frequency for viewer loyalty?

I guess if you get desperate you could get a cat and make cat videos :D, would the cat food be tax deductible then?

Jeff

The continuing saga of sweaty airs Saturday. :)   i think there are 2 distinctive audiences from what direct response I have had. The tictoc way of thinking. Fast furious get to the point.  And the those that like a story. 

Im always trying to tell the story of why the forum exists, and the story on howTammy and I want to keep it alive, and also provide content that is relevant to our members. If you have ever been to our home and visited with Tammy and I, and wanted to come back, I think you should watch, because that is what this is. It's for y'all. Just like it always has been.

Saturday

Title: The dog ate my watch and there is a strange object in the Forestry Forum barn.

Discription: Is it time to get on that 8N and get it out of the barn? Always a distraction. Let's give her a go!

firefighter ontheside

I watch lots of you tube videos and will watch everyone you put up, but I don't subscribe to channels.  Is that the kind of thing you need, subscriptions?  I'm coming to the roast so I can put faces with names.  I think  videos can do that with folks who can't make the roast
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!