The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: For someone living in Nova Scotia, where's the best place to buy a mill?  (Read 302 times)

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
There are not many options for nova scotians for mill dealers(that I'm aware of), I've done some googling and apparently woodmizer use to be set up in aylesford, but no more. It looks like the other nearest woodmizer dealer is in shediac....which I can not visit due to border restrictions, is there any other brands or stores anybody knows of? I'm looking to leave with a portable mill right off the lot
Nothing worth having comes without a fight, gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight

Offline wbrent

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
There was guy in Digby selling Champion SMG mills at one point. Not sure if hes still there or not. They look like good mills. I was looking at them but ended up going with a Norwood. 

Offline Patrick NC

• I'm not new anymore, but still pretty green
    • Share Post
It's highly unlikely that you're going to find a mill sitting on a dealer lot. Shortest lead time I've seen is Norwood at 8-12 weeks. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
I was just on the phone with "Henley saws" and they said they no more sell woodmizer as of last year, I asked if any other dealers in NS he knew of, he said no  ::)

Nothing worth having comes without a fight, gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
There was guy in Digby selling Champion SMG mills at one point. Not sure if hes still there or not. They look like good mills. I was looking at them but ended up going with a Norwood.
I really want to go with woodmizer but I know options are more limited to us east coasters

Offline Patrick NC

• Share Post
I really want to go with woodmizer but I know options are more limited to us east coasters
If you're looking for a hydraulic mill with power feed, give Norwood a call. Their new hd36 v2 is a nice mill. They also have a new hd38 that looks pretty interesting. Cuts 35" wide boards with 14" depth of cut. Both Mills can be bought with power feed and hydraulics. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
If you're looking for a hydraulic mill with power feed, give Norwood a call. Their new hd36 v2 is a nice mill. They also have a new hd38 that looks pretty interesting. Cuts 35" wide boards with 14" depth of cut. Both Mills can be bought with power feed and hydraulics.
I was mostly looking at a LT15(woodmizer) but would consider other brands, I cant find any norwood dealers in NS either from a google search

Offline Patrick NC

• Share Post
Norwood doesn't have dealers. They sell factory direct. Go to their website and there will be a link to contact them. 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Norwood doesn't have dealers. They sell factory direct. Go to their website and there will be a link to contact them.
Thank you!

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
I'm looking at that hd36v2, would you say it's worth the 23hp briggs for the extra 400$? 

Offline Hilltop366

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
The SMG Champion guy is in Barton Digby County, if you search on Kijiji Nova Scotia for SMG his info should come up.

There has been some of the Valley sawmills in front of Leon's furniture in Yarmouth once in a while but haven't seen any lately, could be a availably issue.

Offline Patrick NC

• Share Post
I'm looking at that hd36v2, would you say it's worth the 23hp briggs for the extra 400$?
Absolutely. I got the 23hp on my hd36 and I wouldn't want any less. It will still cut lumber with the smaller engine, but more hp is always better 

Offline Patrick NC

• Share Post
I also recommend getting the roller guides instead of the ceramics. They are probably not listed on the website but they are available. Just ask the salesman about the kit. Best $300 I ever spent. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hello from Nova Scotia

Started by Atlantic Trader on Forestry and Logging

19 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 07:20:05 AM
by Magicman
xx
nova scotia

Started by graves logging on Forestry and Logging

8 Replies
Last post November 06, 2012, 07:52:20 PM
by graves logging