iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill home made add on’s

Started by Kutter, May 12, 2021, 03:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kutter

Thought I'd share my home made add on's to my 08 LT15. 18' capacity with axle and jacks. 
What are your home made add on's? 

Kutter

Daburner87

That little Ford is really cool.  The more I frequent this forum the more I learn.  Thanks.
HM130Max Woodlander XL

maple flats

Haven't yet, BUT I'm thinking of making a track extension for the HM130Max I have on order. If I do, it will likely only be a 4' extension. I'm thinking I split it between the first extension I ordered and the basic length it comes with and make a 4' extension to join those 2 ends. If I do, my brother will profile the track top edge on his milling machine. The extension would likely have 2 cross members and 4 leveling feet. My main purpose would just be to saw a 20' logs for a header over my opening for where the log deck joins the saw shed. I want that opening to be 18', and a 8x8 post on each end. I'm thinking I want a header 12x8 or maybe 14x8, x 20'. The roof over that opening will likely be an 8/12 pitch and it will have a steel roof so minimal snow load.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

btulloh

I'd put the homemade 4ft at the end where the head parks. That's worked for a lot of people. Either way, it's a good idea. 
HM126

maple flats

OK, I'll likely go that route then, thanks for the suggestion.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

UncleMoustache

Josh
-Echo CS-670, CS-620, CS-370, CS-355T, CSS-266
-Stihl MS661, MS200T
-Dolmar 550
-SuperSplit
-Woodmizer LT15 Wide

Gere Flewelling

<
Here are a few modifications I made to my mill.  My log loading ramps were made to attached directly to my mill.  Had to remove to saw.  I added supports and flip up ramps to allow ramps to be kept in place.

It was hard to see the squaring arms from the operator position.  Added a west coast mirror to the opposite side of the mill to allow me to see the arms while standing up straight

>

<br
My mill is quite long making it hard to maneuver into many areas to set up.  I added a receiver hitch to the tail end that allows me to hitch up to it and maneuver it from the tail end when needed.  I remove the front tow hitch and move it into the rear when I need to tow from that location.  Also added a roller to aid in off loading boards and slabs from the tail end.  
All additions seem to make it a little more efficient to operate.>

Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

ladylake

You need to put another set of jacks close to the  front to keep the bed from sagging when the head is all the way to the front Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

handhewn

My saw is also long (approx. 50') and was hard to maneuver until axles were put on a turntable (hydraulically powered) and controlled by joy stick. No trouble now.

trimguy

It's not anything that I need. But, just curious do you have any pictures of that set up?@handhewn

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

handhewn

I will take some pictures tomorrow but I am not capable of posting them so I need to wait for my better half (wife is multi-engine flight instructor) to get home in a couple of days to do the posting. I will get it done ASAP

Thank You Sponsors!