iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Protection Boots

Started by nativewolf, June 26, 2021, 10:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

All the  boots like that are red they have. I think it's pretty cool 😎

barbender

I don't even like the orange laces on my Haix XR200 saw boots. I would try their taller boots but they only come in neon colors🤦‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

I hate to tell you I would like them to 😂. I hear you though! A neutral brown is tuff to beat

KWH

So you can follow the yellow brook road?

230Dforme

Good afternoon 
Barbender, because they were designed by Elton John 😳
If I showed up in some of that euro stuff around here in the Adirondack Mountains of New York 🙈,
well anyway, Filson, LL Bean etc for me

barbender

Right, you wouldn't want to walk into some of the traditional logging town bars around here wearing those for sure! Like the one town with a total logging history, I stopped and got fuel there one day. It was mid-winter and I had a big beard. I went in to pay and one of the gals working in there reached over and picked a piece of sawdust out of my beard😂 That's the kind of place you don't wear neon colored boots, man!😂
Too many irons in the fire

230Dforme

BB
For 30 years I've had one of those brown tin cloth
jackets from Filson, great coat, when I take it off, I
just stand it upright in the room 😁, stiff
Also the duck hunter canvas / wool hat, serious hat,
only the best 

240b

Ive had probably dozen pairs of swedpro boots, they last a year at best. the labonvilles about the same but only had 3pairs of those.  The euro hiking boots just don't work for me they are constantly full of sawdust, dirt etc..  
   The viking rubber boots are horribly stiff.(unfortunately i have a pair)   I got a pair of real Nokia boots from Sweden (the good ones they don't import to north america). They are actually flexible an the tread is soft an grippy.  These are wearable if I have to cut softwood.
    Day to day I wear hoffmans leather top rubber bottom boots. For working in hardwood they are perfect. limbing spuce on the ground probably not.
    Ive three pairs, one pair caulked. You can call an talk to a human in Idaho. 
They repair stuff. The quality is excellent.
     For hiking/walking  Limmers from nh. The real ones, made for my feet. 
 Im looking at wescos for next summer now.   The wife likes to comment on my 
boot collection.....   

teakwood

You have more shoes than her :D! 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Skeans1

Quote from: 240b on January 20, 2023, 06:58:09 AM
Ive had probably dozen pairs of swedpro boots, they last a year at best. the labonvilles about the same but only had 3pairs of those.  The euro hiking boots just don't work for me they are constantly full of sawdust, dirt etc..  
  The viking rubber boots are horribly stiff.(unfortunately i have a pair)   I got a pair of real Nokia boots from Sweden (the good ones they don't import to north america). They are actually flexible an the tread is soft an grippy.  These are wearable if I have to cut softwood.
   Day to day I wear hoffmans leather top rubber bottom boots. For working in hardwood they are perfect. limbing spuce on the ground probably not.
boot collection.....  

I have Wesco caulks for falling timber they last a long time as long as they're taken care of. Another good option is Nick's and there's a few others around that area as well that custom build boots.

240b

Quote from: teakwood on January 20, 2023, 07:04:24 AM
You have more shoes than her :D!
Oh, I wish that was the case! 
Quote from: Skeans1 on January 20, 2023, 08:21:20 AM
Quote from: 240b on January 20, 2023, 06:58:09 AM
boot collection.....  

I have Wesco caulks for falling timber they last a long time as long as they're taken care of. Another good option is Nick's and there's a few others around that area as well that custom build boots.

Custom built boots are the best!  

Nealm66

Not sure if Viking boots were mentioned but I've wore them a lot and the hold up about the best for steady timber falling on steep arss ground. They're heavy and we call them clown boots.

steadfast

I've been wearing a pair of Haix protector primes that I really like so far. Feet have been dry. I need to treat the suede to waterproof them again.

Thank You Sponsors!