iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stationary sawmill dust collection system

Started by stanmillnc, July 10, 2023, 11:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I had my edger hooked up to one of the TimberKing blowers one time. It sucked up a chunk and exploded the side of the impeller housing. That ended my blower and edger hook ups. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

rooster 58

Wow!! Thanks for your wisdom guys! That's why I asked these questions 

Don P

I'm pulling off the ground in front of the belsaw blade using 8" stovepipe. I try to pull the boards back out of it. It runs to the off side of the mill and turns a stovepipe 90 degrees and through 2 more on the way to the blower. That is terrible for flow but tends to trap the long sticks. The knots and whatever hits the fan and scroll and there have been some whopper strikes. I welded up the 12" impeller using 1/8" on a ~3/8" old industrial fan base and have an old shop made one that the guys used 1/4" for the blades and had gussets on the lee side of the blade. I have a couple of tweaked blades and should work on it but they are all hanging in. There is a sheet metal twin bagger here like the other guys, pretty much folded up and blowed out. All to say, for a small little tank of a blower, you can make one. Mine then just blows it into a pile I scoop. The little 4" one on the gristmill is.. cute, a pretty crude cast thing but the same radial fan doing a final cleaning in that case.

At the cabinet shop I was waxing up a molder bed and had the hoses off and dangling from above. One sucked up my paste wax can, which travelled the length of the shop banging along till it hit the fan, took out a blade that i found in the dust truck below the cyclone, luckily there wasn't an airlock on the bottom of it.I think everyone lost at least a hat to that blower  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!