iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If looks could kill.

Started by Mooseherder, August 05, 2021, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I killed it with my eye.  Small black insect.  Sure to happen again.  The technique is learned on the fly.  Mashed into a Corner somewhere in eye fluid never to be seen again.  :( electricuted-smiley

Roxie

:D

Cowboy Bob called those almost too small to see but they created a visible swarm noseeums. 

In your eyes and up your nose, they were the scourge of cutting hay. 

Say when

sawguy21

They are a scourge, I hate the little bloodsuckers.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

HemlockKing

Quote from: Roxie on August 05, 2021, 11:07:31 AM
:D

Cowboy Bob called those almost too small to see but they created a visible swarm noseeums.

In your eyes and up your nose, they were the scourge of cutting hay.
No seeums here and they love to come out early morning and evening. I really dislike them as I can't even leave windows open, they get right through screens
A1

HemlockKing

For how small they are it's surprising but you can feel them biting you
A1

mike_belben

I spend the entire summer with bit up nether regions every year.  I presume chiggers.. Never ever seen one but man do they bite.  One walk thru the woods and its 30 more bites by evening. 
Praise The Lord

Texas Ranger

Don't have noseeums in my part of Texas.  Amazing, we have everything else!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

Mike,

The chiggers are a mite phase and the native host is a reptile like a snake or turtle. I've heard and tried painting them with clear nail polish understanding that is supposed smother them. I got into them so bad in Dixie County Fla one time I was about ready to get in a 55 gallon barrel of kerosene - and light it.

Sulphur in your diet, and Grandpa dusted it in his shoes to be absorbed by his skin, helps keep them and skeeters and such away. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Wudman

Permanone works on chiggers too.  They used to make life miserable.  I may glow in the dark, but keep most bloodsuckers at bay (says the guy that just got over Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever).   :-\

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Raider Bill

If you are ever in a bunch of no see ums, simply hold  your arms up in the air. 
I learned that at one of Customsawyers sawing get together. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

trimguy

Work with no pants and the no-see-ums will stay out of your face. 😂

sawguy21

@WV Sawmiller one of our tree planters soaked his sandwiches in insect repellent, figured he would sweat it out. I have no idea if it worked or whether he is still alive. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 06, 2021, 03:20:58 AM
We call them midges here.

And you got'm in Texas to. :D

That one is 800  miles from me, all we got is deer flys, buffalo knats, and every other kind of biting, stinging, poisonous, stickers, that exist, but no noseeums.  Yet.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mooseherder

Quote from: Mooseherder on August 05, 2021, 10:21:23 AM
I killed it with my eye.  Small black insect.  Sure to happen again.  The technique is learned on the fly.  Mashed into a Corner somewhere in eye fluid never to be seen again.  :( electricuted-smiley
There was another epic battle.  The fight lasted longer this time with an unidentified bugger who fought gallantly but eventually got mashed into a spot between my eye and lid.  It'll settle In somewhere in a low spot and not be seen again. 

SawyerTed

Quote from: Texas Ranger on August 05, 2021, 01:23:23 PM
Don't have noseeums in my part of Texas.  Amazing, we have everything else!
Since everything in Texas is bigger, they must be seeums.... :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!