The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Fishing in Ontario  (Read 663 times)

Online Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
    • Woodsman Forest Products
Re: Fishing in Ontario
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 01:04:52 PM »
Those sound like tight waters and tight fishing. I can see why the officials gave up and worked out a compromise. In the thousand Islands anyway it is vastly wider and the boundary is pretty clear. Up there you simply need  CA license if you fish on that side and a US license if you are on that side. Crossing the border in these covid days is allowed as long as you stay in the water, if you approach a dock or tie up on whichever side it the 'other side' for you, they will be on you like mosquitoes. Border patrol is seen routinely patrolling, from both sides. I have seen more different brands of law enforcement on that river than I can count. Customs, Coast Guard, border, sheriffs, state, DEC, DEP, etc. Even saw Military once or twice. Only got stopped once or twice by DEC and that was an easy pleasant encounter, all in good order, followed by a pleasant chat about fishing spots. A good lesson for my then 11 year old son.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I am the woodcutter now.
I can work with wood, but I am NOT a Woodworker, yet.

Online firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
Re: Fishing in Ontario
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
Well, I missed a bunch of posts.  I went to work without my laptop charger and couldn't use my laptop.  Steve those are some great fish.  I need to look for a pic of my dad's big muskie from Eagle Lake.  Eagle is in far western Ontario and about 100 miles north of International Falls MN so I will go thru MN.  Thanks 
@olcowhand for the tackle offer though.  I'm sure I will take some of my dad's stuff.  He has a bunch of big stuff that he uses when muskie are around.  They don't fish for them, but when one follows his smaller crankbaits, he will switch to something much bigger.  I think he has caught a dozen or so nice muskies at Eagle Lake over the years.  There's no salmon in Eagle, but there are lake trout and I've caught a few accidentally over the years.  I tend to use mostly 8 pound line with steel leaders, but I also have rods with 12lb line for catching bigger pike.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
A local guy and winter time fishing for Musky, We have some of the BEST fishing!

Started by weimedog on The Outdoor Board

1 Replies
Last post February 25, 2019, 10:32:57 AM
by Skip
xx
fly fishing or any kind of fishing , or a dualsport MC ride in ???????

Started by motohed on The Outdoor Board

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 04:08:04 PM
by motohed
xx
Hello from Ontario Canada!

Started by NamN on General Board

13 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 09:54:05 PM
by rjwoelk
xx
Saw logs in ontario