iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First ever ambulance ride and first air bag to the chest.

Started by gspren, September 18, 2021, 05:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Glad you're on the mend, probably not your idea of fun excitement.

Must be why they are putting in traffic circles around the city here, try going 70 through one of them. ;)

In a small town, during a power outtage, no traffic lights. I saw this punk in a junk car come down a long hill at probably 20 over and never stopped to look at all, made a left turn and squealed off like a fool. A little substance abuse and a girl friend that ended it will drive some guys foolish. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gspren

Two days later I'm pleased with my knee recovery but not so pleased with the chest pain. When I left the hospital it was slow going with crutches and now I'm just using a cane and could walk around the house without that, the swelling has gone down quite a bit. The chest pain is still bad if I cough, clear my throat, breath deep, or twist my torso in any manner. I've googled it and it says all that is normal after an airbag punch so I'm OK, like I said earlier pain that is understood and not scary is much easier to deal with. Now I'm waiting to hear about my car but like many say it will probably be totaled and that's sad, it will be hard to replace. It is a 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, a limited edition that Toyota made for the last year it was sold in the US, the only used vehicle that I ever had to go up in value over the years.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

olcowhand

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on September 18, 2021, 10:26:21 PM
Tom, I've been a firefighter 29 years and an EMT about 27 of those.  Of all the things I've done and been involved in, it seems like the most impact I ever had was holding the hand of a patient who had been involved in a vehicle accident.  Her other hand and wrist were injured pretty badly.  We talked as I stood there holding her hand.  As it turned out she was a paramedic and dispatcher.  We are friends to this day and she talks as if I saved her life.  All I did for her was hold her hand until they transported her to the hospital.
John Mellencamp said it best:
"Everyone needs a hand to hold on to
Everyone needs a hand to hold on to
Don't need to be no strong hand
Don't need to be no rich hand
Everyone just needs a hand to hold on to"
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

samandothers

Quote from: gspren on September 19, 2021, 08:56:17 AM
It is a 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, a limited edition that Toyota made for the last year it was sold in the US, the only used vehicle that I ever had to go up in value over the years.
Well maybe a Corvette next!  Just need to select the right one. ;D

Raider Bill

Quote from: gspren on September 19, 2021, 08:56:17 AM
Two days later I'm pleased with my knee recovery but not so pleased with the chest pain. When I left the hospital it was slow going with crutches and now I'm just using a cane and could walk around the house without that, the swelling has gone down quite a bit. The chest pain is still bad if I cough, clear my throat, breath deep, or twist my torso in any manner. I've googled it and it says all that is normal after an airbag punch so I'm OK, like I said earlier pain that is understood and not scary is much easier to deal with. Now I'm waiting to hear about my car but like many say it will probably be totaled and that's sad, it will be hard to replace. It is a 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, a limited edition that Toyota made for the last year it was sold in the US, the only used vehicle that I ever had to go up in value over the years.
I know nothing about logging, sawmills, timberframing,  chainsaws or most of what you guys talk about but I know ACV for total loss.
They are going to make you an offer for your vehicle.
Do not accept it.
Get with me on pm so we can get you more $$$.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

Bruised ribs will remind you they are there for some time. I've gone through it, just from falling down in blow downs with cut off fir stumps in the mix. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 19, 2021, 05:03:28 AM
Glad you're on the mend, probably not your idea of fun excitement.

Must be why they are putting in traffic circles around the city here, try going 70 through one of them. ;)

In a small town, during a power outtage, no traffic lights. I saw this punk in a junk car come down a long hill at probably 20 over and never stopped to look at all, made a left turn and squealed off like a fool. A little substance abuse and a girl friend that ended it will drive some guys foolish. ::)
I know the type. The loud fart can mufflers, I call them rice rockets. Stickers everywhere, lowered, basically going against all engineering by tossing junk eBay China "race" parts on a civic. Sadly this is not just a high school kid problem around here, "men" well into their 30s, 40s around here do that stuff, burnouts, drinking beers while driving and littering the bottles. I can sense a goon from so far away it's not even funny 
A1

Raider Bill

Give a motor head geek a civic, and a laptop and he'll get you 600hp without changing any hard parts.

Not going to be for long though lol 

There is a test and tune night with drag strip and dynos every Wednesday night. Amazing.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gspren

Hard to believe we have over 30 replys without a mention of food so I will add that a kind nursing assistant in the ER brought me a turkey sandwich and a diet ginger ale, after 6 or 7 hrs in the ER it wasn't bad.  
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

mike_belben

I did the cylinder head on 990hp 2.4L K series honda in 05 maybe.

Now the leader is running 7.61@199mph quarter mile with 1,850hp.  And its a dang 2.0liter.  Probably methanol and nitrous to spool the turbo. Id guess its 90psi or more.  Speedfactory's civic.  Im sure its ate a lot of big block wheelie barred tubbed muscle cars right up. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

Crusarius

It is insane what you can get out of a crappy little honda. they can be the ultimate sleeper.

HemlockKing

I guess I just believe in leaving commuter cars as... commuter cars lol 

We all mess with junk when kids, there are some "man children" around though 
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on September 19, 2021, 10:01:24 PM
I did the cylinder head on 990hp 2.4L K series honda in 05 maybe.

Now the leader is running 7.61@199mph quarter mile with 1,850hp.  And its a dang 2.0liter.  Probably methanol and nitrous to spool the turbo. Id guess its 90psi or more.  Speedfactory's civic.  Im sure its ate a lot of big block wheelie barred tubbed muscle cars right up.
That is cool. No doubt some of these things could fly. I'm mostly talkin the mostly superficial ad ons like the classic cold air intake cone, couple of stickers, useless loud exhaust that rattles, and crazy camber on the wheels with massive rims
A1

Nebraska

Been gone a while sorry to read this glad you are ok. I'd buy back the Toyota in a second if it was at all fixable.

Ianab

Quote from: HemlockKing on September 20, 2021, 09:33:13 AMI guess I just believe in leaving commuter cars as... commuter cars  

The Japanese car makers don't think that way. :D

Production hatchbacks.
Toyota GR Yaris - Wikipedia

Honda Civic Type R - Wikipedia)

There is a bit more engineering going into those cars than a fart can exhaust and some stickers. ;)

This is my daily drive,

No stickers or loud exhaust, just a big V6 in a Corolla hatch. Japan only model. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_belben

Quote from: HemlockKing on September 20, 2021, 09:36:39 AM
I'm mostly talkin the mostly superficial ad ons like the classic cold air intake cone, couple of stickers, useless loud exhaust that rattles, and crazy camber on the wheels with massive rims
theres a joe dirt side to every manufacturer following.  trust me the southeast has more ricky bobby than you can stomach.  i still will argue anyone to find a better manufacturer than honda.  but i hated dealing with honda ricers for the most part and got out of the business due to the type of people.

idiot owners aside, nothing else belts out more HP/per cubic inch or per dollar.  their combustion shapes, fuel and ignition systems and especially variable valve lift and variable cam phasing are second to none.  honda is a bunch of racer engineers pretending to be a commuter car company.  
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

I bought myself a 3rd gen z28(swapped with a early mid 70s 350, stock mostly minus emissions, hooker headers, edelbrock carb)as my “Harley” and said there, that’s my fun car, Funny it only has like 250hp, 300torq, but it’s just so fun to cruise in, I will leave any thing else I have bone stock lol .
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on September 20, 2021, 05:23:07 PM
Quote from: HemlockKing on September 20, 2021, 09:36:39 AM
I'm mostly talkin the mostly superficial ad ons like the classic cold air intake cone, couple of stickers, useless loud exhaust that rattles, and crazy camber on the wheels with massive rims
theres a joe dirt side to every manufacturer following.  trust me the southeast has more ricky bobby than you can stomach.  i still will argue anyone to find a better manufacturer than honda.  but i hated dealing with honda ricers for the most part and got out of the business due to the type of people.

idiot owners aside, nothing else belts out more HP/per cubic inch or per dollar.  their combustion shapes, fuel and ignition systems and especially variable valve lift and variable cam phasing are second to none.  honda is a bunch of racer engineers pretending to be a commuter car company.  
I haven't had a car of Honda's, but I've run their ATVS, and ATCS my whole life, I absolutely love them. I know their line of cars to reliable though through what I've been told, I wouldn't mind driving a stock civic as a commuter 
A1

Ianab

Quote from: HemlockKing on September 20, 2021, 05:29:29 PMI wouldn't mind driving a stock civic as a commuter 

You can buy a stock Civic now with over 300 hp AND 300 torque. The amazing thing is that the computer is able to keep it on the road in a FWD hatch. :D  My Toyota is stock at 275 hp and 250 torque. about twice what a Corolla (or Civic) should have. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

HemlockKing

Quote from: Ianab on September 21, 2021, 01:11:55 AM
Quote from: HemlockKing on September 20, 2021, 05:29:29 PMI wouldn't mind driving a stock civic as a commuter

You can buy a stock Civic now with over 300 hp AND 300 torque. The amazing thing is that the computer is able to keep it on the road in a FWD hatch. :D  My Toyota is stock at 275 hp and 250 torque. about twice what a Corolla (or Civic) should have.
Automobiles have come a long way. I'm not into much of the newer vehicles as I don't like the way they look, but one that I DO, is the current corvette, this gen came out 2017? Anyway it looks like a super car, and has the power of one! I'm not sure you guys even see much of chev out there? Probably the odd import someone payed way too much for
A1

Ianab

GM have pulled out of the Aus and NZ market completely. Before that they sold under the Holden brand, but never marketed the Corvette. The Commodore was a pretty good car though, especially the HSV models. American cars are available as private imports, but overpriced. Easier to get a used JDM Skyline or Supra etc.

Thank You Sponsors!