iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

makes a Grandpa smile

Started by chet, September 20, 2021, 09:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Nine year old Granddaughter tried wake surfing for the first time less than 3 weeks ago. DanG, I think she got this. ;D

Kylie surfing - YouTube

son Chris and Kylie da surfer girl

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

Awesome run.. and for sure makes everyone smile. She's just good. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Learned something new, no not how to wake surf, but that there was such a thing as wake surfing.  That looks like awesome fun and Kylie looks so confident and relaxed.  You go girl !!! 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

I am with MM, I did not know there was such a thing.  She looks like she's been doing it a while versus first time.  She is having fun and experimenting, no fear!
Is there something on the boat to make the wave?  The wake on the other side does not look to be a smooth wave.
How does one get started on their surf run?

It did make this grandpa smile!

gspren

I think I could do that (drive the boat) the surfing part no way. That is some impressive moves for a 9 year old with less than a month experience!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

chet

Quote from: gspren on September 20, 2021, 10:30:49 PM
I think I could do that (drive the boat) the surfing part no way.
Dat's what I thought. 'till I seen all da different buttons, knobs and gauges. Not ta mention da on board computer ta help run da stuff. I couldn't even figure out how Chris was gittin' da music ta play.  :D  So I just enjoyed da ride.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ianab

Quote from: samandothers on September 20, 2021, 09:47:14 PMIs there something on the boat to make the wave?  The wake on the other side does not look to be a smooth wave. How does one get started on their surf run?

A normal wake will do it, assuming the boat size and speed are correct. I think the camera is off centre, so you can't see the opposite wake. Starting would be with a tow rope, like water skiing. Once you get set up on the wake then the rope can be ditched and the wake ridden like a wave. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Roxie

That's even fun to watch so imagine being nine and out there!  
8)
Say when

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mike_belben

Ive surfed and wakeboarded but never seen that.  So shes really staying with the boat without a tow line?! 

Incredible.
Praise The Lord

chet

Quote from: Ianab on September 21, 2021, 03:41:52 AM
A normal wake will do it, assuming the boat size and speed are correct. I think the camera is off centre, so you can't see the opposite wake. Starting would be with a tow rope, like water skiing. Once you get set up on the wake then the rope can be ditched and the wake ridden like a wave.
Son has what is known as a generation 2 wake boat. It has ballast tanks that are filled with varying amounts of water depending on wake requirements. It also has (plates or gates, for lack of a better definition) on the back of the boat that control the shape and curl of the wake. They also control weather the wake is set up on the left or right side of the boat, (think left or right dominant surfers).  
Not da simple ski boat of da 80's that my kids skied an tubed behind.  :D

Chuck White

DanG, the girl is good!

Never seen anything like that before!

She seems to have an unlimited supply of confidence!

I was wondering how the run was supposed to end!  ;D

surfer-smiley thumbs-up surfer-smiley thumbs-up surfer-smiley thumbs-up surfer-smiley thumbs-up
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dan_Shade

That's really cool, that thing have a v-twin hidden underneath? 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

beav

Those "wake boats" are quite controversial around here(lakes region, NH). I call them tankers. They cost more than my house is worth!
An unanticipated side effect is the damage caused by the huge waves generated by the boat to people and property on shore. Nature as well. One wave will take out a nest of loons.
 It will be interesting to see what happens to them in the future 

chet

Quote from: beav on September 21, 2021, 09:00:42 PM
Those "wake boats" are quite controversial around here(lakes region, NH). I call them tankers. They cost more than my house is worth!
An unanticipated side effect is the damage caused by the huge waves generated by the boat to people and property on shore. Nature as well. One wave will take out a nest of loons.
It will be interesting to see what happens to them in the future
That is one of the many good reasons for living in Michigan, especially Da U.P., lots of large bodies of water so that is not a concern. A larger concern for shore erosion and such around here are the out of towners that come in here with their bass boats with their huge outboards. Many (not all) have no etiquette what so ever for operating on small lakes or around other boaters. Not to mention power loading, and destroying the boat launches. 

Thank You Sponsors!