iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smoothies

Started by mike_belben, December 18, 2021, 10:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Who here makes em and what do yall put in em?
Praise The Lord

sawguy21

McDonalds makes a pineapple/mango I really enjoy on a hot day. Haven't tried making my own.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Walnut Beast

Vita Mix mixer is hands down worth every penny! My green drink is two handfuls of spinach or salad, One or two cloves of garlic, dump in a bunch of whole peppercorns and pour in some low sodium V8 juice and blend a minute or two. From start to finish I can do in less than five minutes and that's rinsing out the blender and straw I use to suck it down and ready to go next time . 

Walnut Beast

You can't really use carrots or stuff like that in the blender it's to thick even if you add water which I usually do to my other concoction. Carrots and beets and that sort work beautiful in a juicer.  

Walnut Beast

Ok now for a protein smoothie you need a good protein powder water, ice and blend. If you get a plain or vanilla then you could add these for different flavors. Peanut butter, strawberries, bananas, coco powder. Like a little extra flavor add milk of different percentages or chocolate milk and ice cream variations 

SwampDonkey

The NutriBullet ZNBF30400Z Blender with 1200 Watts is the best smoothie maker around. Their Magic Bullet models are well known for smoothies as well. My brother uses one.

I don't make smoothies myself, that's what your teeth and gut are for. :D I can't drink the veggie stuff, my guts roll and turn like a snake trying to eat a goat. So I prefer the whole vegetable between the teeth method. :D :D  The guts don't like anything from a bottle labelled V8 on it. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 19, 2021, 03:51:19 AM
The NutriBullet ZNBF30400Z Blender with 1200 Watts is the best smoothie maker around. Their Magic Bullet models are well known for smoothies as well. My brother uses one.

I don't make smoothies myself, that's what your teeth and gut are for. :D I can't drink the veggie stuff, my guts roll and turn like a snake trying to eat a goat. So I prefer the whole vegetable between the teeth method. :D :D  The guts don't like anything from a bottle labelled V8 on it. :D
Not even in the same league! I own the 450 dollar Vitamix blender. There is a reason why they are that expensive. Go into any big boy gyms and see what they use day in and day out 

SwampDonkey

Mike's not going to spend no $450 on no smoothie maker. If you want, you could spend $1000 for one (Vitamix), if you've got money to blow. :D If you look at ratings Nutribullet is always the top 1 or 2 in the list.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 19, 2021, 05:51:23 AM
Mike's not going to spend no $450 on no smoothie maker. If you want, you could spend $1000 for one (Vitamix), if you've got money to blow. :D If you look at ratings Nutribullet is always the top 1 or 2 in the list.
I am picturing him coming up with something around 30CC from an old weedwhacker head. Should take him about 1/2 hour to make up.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

mike_belben

Thankfully the wife had the good sense to buy one.  I think it was $89.. Ninja brand, works great.  It has blended a lot of grass for chicken feed mash that she dont know about!

Ive been doing yogurt, grapes, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, banana, walnuts, pecans, honey, molasses, ground flax seed and kachava powder plus water to make it flow. Tastes like pure sin. 

Trying to cover all the vitamins and minerals that we might be lacking. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D

I told ya Mike wasn't blowing no $450 bucks. ;D

kantuckid

When our twin son whose vegan comes home we make certain there lots of spinach in the fridge. He adds a vegan protein powder and raids my nut supply, etc.. Sort of everything but the kitchen sink approach. 
I seriously doubt he'll be into the Broadbent Farms, Kuttawa, KY KY country ham my wife's prepping now. I'm gonna bone it out after it bakes and slice on an electric slicer real thin. 
Frozen strawberries and milk are my fave smoothie, no green bombs for this guy. But I REALLY like greens of any kind, cooked down that is.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

thecfarm

I tried to make a smoothie once, but that steak did not come out to smooth.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

Walnut Beast

When I was in HS I had heard blood was fantastic for you so before wrestling practice I went down to the local meat  locker and the guy gave me two coffee cans full of cow blood. Went back to the locker room at school drank some and ended dumping the rest in the shower drain and that caused quite a stir the coach came and wondered what the heck was going on 😂

HemlockKing

Quote from: Walnut Beast on December 19, 2021, 02:43:31 PM
When I was in HS I had heard blood was fantastic for you so before wrestling practice I went down to the local meat  locker and the guy gave me two coffee cans full of cow blood. Went back to the locker room at school drank some and ended dumping the rest in the shower drain and that caused quite a stir the coach came and wondered what the heck was going on 😂
Mmmmm I bet that was frothy sludgey goodness! Tasted like iron? 
A1

mike_belben

Needs more blueberries tater.

Blehk
Praise The Lord

snobdds

My wife survives on peanut butter toast and smoothies, so I have had more than I should have over the years.  I seem to always go back to the following mix.

1 container of strawberry or blueberry Greek yogurt.
1 Banana
1/2 of a small bag of frozen mixed berries
Some fresh blueberries
Some fresh strawberries
Whole milk.

I just use a blender and it works.   Add some peanut butter toast and that is often times a summer supper. 

Downstream

Strawberries from our patch along with bananas go in with yogurt, orange juice and any other fruit that may be in the fridge.  Ice chips if the strawberries are fresh not frozen.  All blended in an old 1950s white Oster behive blender that was an original wedding present for my mom.  The motor/gears on that puppy are the type of machine belbin would build if he could.  Simple 1 speed on/off that may out live me too.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

kantuckid

Jar of JIF a week for my girl. She swabs it on apple slices, bread and bananas. Friend of ours is mgr of the JIF plant, I told him she's their poster girl like they need one. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

mike_belben

This morning i made a smoothie out of all sorts of stuff.  Frozen berry mix, a banana, strawberries, blueberries, honey, an apple, peanut butter, ground flax seed, kachava powder, mud wtr powder, (those two combined are probably 20 more ingredients in themselves) uhh.. Walnuts, pecans, prunes, raisins, avocado oil, and blackstrap molasses.  Blended up with whole milk and dang it was good. 

Last night i put 19 random unmeasured ingredients in a pot.. Just grabbed through and tossed it in. Came out excellent.

Day 4 no grains, wheat or refined sugar. Feening for a whopper.
Praise The Lord

Ron Scott

Wife makes me one every morning for breakfast with a blend of yogurt, milk, mixed fruits, bananas, etc. Like them chilled before drinking.
~Ron

firefighter ontheside

My wife has been making them for a couple weeks for breakfast.  She uses greek yogurt, milk, some sort of peanut butter powder and peanut butter syrup.  Perhaps other things, but that's what I know of.  They are pretty good.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

mike_belben

i havent made any a while because its just too much grief cleaning the blender when i put the same contents in a bowl and eat it rather than drink it.  

completely plain no sugar added yogurt from cultured whole milk only, honey, blackstrap molasses, walnuts, pecans, almonds, ground flax seed, chia seed, blueberries, cherries, strawberries etc.  we call it yogurt crunch and i love it.

in a smoothie i would add banana/apple/orange/kiwi etc (these are all 'if we have its') and more milk plus some of that kachava powder stuff she bought.  just trying to have as diverse an amount of plant foods as possible.  i dont put veggies in smoothies since i am fine cooking up a hodgepodge pot of those.   

i started making my own yogurt so i could control the ingredients and bacterial culture strains.  i feel much better after a month or so of good eating, and my face actually looks younger to me.   i dont really want to go back to normal american garbage food. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Been pick'n fresh greens out of the grow tent now for a week. Lettuce, radish, chard, dill, basal, soon green onion top. Experimenting with tomato to see if I can get one ripe by mid April. :D :D I like them all between my teeth. ;D

mike_belben

i had hoped this would be the year id be starting indoors in winter but there were just too many problems since covid came thru, im behind on everything.  the good news is, when they were forcing me to take my tax return in monthly increments, i invested them pretty well into homestead expansion.  i got the gear that i knew was gonna double in price.  it wasnt hard to figure out either, since everything doubled.  so all i had to know was what i needed to expand and didnt have!

Praise The Lord

SupFellers

Quote from: mike_belben on December 19, 2021, 10:12:13 AM
Thankfully the wife had the good sense to buy one.  I think it was $89.. Ninja brand, works great.  It has blended a lot of grass for chicken feed mash that she dont know about!

Ive been doing yogurt, grapes, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, banana, walnuts, pecans, honey, molasses, ground flax seed and kachava powder plus water to make it flow. Tastes like pure sin.

Trying to cover all the vitamins and minerals that we might be lacking.
I know now  :-* long as I'm your main chick, it's all good. Grass is just salad, right?
Thank you Lord, for Your blessings on me.

streem26

My favorite smoothie:

120g of chopped frozen banana
Tablespoon of instant coffee
Heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
~400-500ml of milk (dairy/soy whatever)
A couple of icecubes

My wife and I buy bananas each week, we peel them and chop them into bite size chunks for snacks or use in smoothies. Store them in an icecream container in the freezer. I've made this with room temp banana and it's just not as good. I've got a cheap digital kitchen scale, and measuring out the ingredients ensures a consistent thickness of smoothie. I have this for breakfast almost every day at work and it keeps me going until lunch, also it tastes absolutely delicious.

https://digital-planner.com/goal/planner

mike_belben

Quote from: SupFellers on March 07, 2022, 12:31:34 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on December 19, 2021, 10:12:13 AM
  It has blended a lot of grass for chicken feed mash that she dont know about!

I know now  :-* long as I'm your main chick, it's all good. Grass is just salad, right?
Ooh busted by my hot wife.  First lie i ever toldja, itll never happen again babe :D
Anything that pairs with ranch is salad by default.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!