iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2154D Loader (Buck Saw Hookup)

Started by Southern Legacy, January 10, 2023, 09:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Legacy

Hey Guys,

I run a firewood production yard and we recently purchased a 2011 2154D Loader.   We get in 3-5 loads of wood per day and this loader is probably over qualified for the job.  

That said, we are hoping to grow our business into a merchandising yard and would like to hook up a ground buck saw to the loader to cut logs.....but we still need to unload trucks.

Originally this loader had a waratah 622B head on it.....so I figure the hydraulics are there to make it work.   Just wondering if anyone out there has seen a setup like this.

BargeMonkey

Skeans or Kiko could give you a better answer. Do you have 3 plugs behind a plate on the track frame ? Alot of them came plumbed from the factory if ordered that way. 

Riwaka

The least expensive option in the long term might be to get a mobile self propelled hood loader with a circular saw or/ and bar saw bunk. That stays in one place most of time. (and use the 2154d in a gofer role)

If you need to climb  up and down out of the 2154D cab and plug in and unplug hoses to unload trucks the risk of machine falls and hydraulic contamination increase.
Tigercat 240 loader and chained up bunk saw.
Tigercat T240B loader with slasher deck - YouTube

Tigercat trailer knuckle boom grapple with Brazilian saw/ tigercat do their own grapple saw for their own grapples.
J de Souza Grapple Saw - YouTube

*The ryan dangle grapple and saw are a fairly mature product now. (that might be my short term pick) Not tied into a bunk saw etc. 
Paint cutting marks and use a laser marker etc.
Grapple Chain Saw - Ryan's Equipment

Hultdins (branch in brantford, can) have grapples and saws etc.

Cutting systems r-60CS slasher (expensive would be a hydraulic power pack unit with remote controls for power pack and  bunk saw) and just track the 2154d away if the truck is on the other side of the yard to unload.
R-60CS Circular Slasher Saw - YouTube

Log Grapples - The Best Forestry Grapples - Rotobec
The rotobec dangle grapples with add-on saw unit have been around for years.

Thank You Sponsors!