iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sourdough!

Started by OlJarhead, November 30, 2023, 01:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Just finished my 3rd loaf this week for a big party we are having this weekend.
This one is a JalapeƱo Asiago Sourdough  😀

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

WV Sawmiller

Eric,

I don't think that is going to work. You better just send it to me so nobody else finds out. ;) :D digin1
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SwampDonkey

I've never made sour dough bread, but I use sour dough bread on tomato/ham sandwiches when working in the woods.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Looks great.  we used to make bread like that but now are bread machine zombies.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

woodroe

Been pumping out authentic Sourdough loaves here for 15 years now. Never run out of or have to buy dry yeast.  During Covid when dry yeast was hard to find for a spell my starter made it all the way to Boston through different people passing some along. Started using a dutch oven a few years back and really like the results. Remove the cover with about 15 mins left of the cook time to brown and make crustier. One loaf pictured has the everything bagel spice mix sprinkled on top and the other is plain. The dough is made up using the stretch and fold method instead of kneeding. Let it rise till doubled and then refrig 18- 24 hrs and up to 4 days occasionaly for really tart and tasty bread. 

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Thank You Sponsors!