iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

komatsu maxipc question

Started by dorado, February 24, 2024, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorado

Hey, I have a question about the maxipc in a used komatsu 931.1
Let me know if this in the wrong forums for this post, new to forums.

The monitor/display is starting to go in ours, we tried hooking up a portable monitor to it through the vga port and powered through the 12volt plug-in. But the screen just stays black. Is there something in the settings you need to change to recognize a new monitor?

Or can you only use the same model monitor that comes with machine? They are quite expensive for just a monitor so figured I'd ask if or why I can't just use any portable monitor that's powered through the 12volt port.

Firewoodjoe

That's not a very old machine. Bad luck or have you heard of others? So it is available through the dealer? I'm guessing komatsu has it so you can't use whatever. A lot of stuff is like that. 

dorado

My old boss had a couple of komatsu 901s which he had to replace 1 monitor due to water leaking onto the monitor.

I'm not sure if the thing happened to this one or not, it had the bottom 2 inches of the screen not working when we bought it, we are just getting it ready to start work in May.

It is avaible through the dealer.

My old boss went with buying a new monitor from the dealer. I was just curious if I could go with something else since the dealer monitors are 10x the cost of anything else.

I talked to a place that sells the monitors and repairs the computers in the machine, he told me when he's working on the computers in the machines he brings them home and hooks them up to his pc monitor at his house, so it seemed like there is a way to hook them up but he wasn't sure why i was having a issue hooking one up in the machine. He said he just plugs his monitor in the vga port.

This is a 2014 I have so maybe the year of the computer is playing a role in the issue I'm having.

If I figure out how I will post it, could save anyone who has to replace their monitors alot of money.

mudfarmer

Do you have an old computer or something you can hook to the new monitor while it is running on the 12v so you can be sure it is not the issue?

Just to confirm, your old monitor works but only a little? (May rule out vga port as the issue)

Good luck, a monitor should not be an expensive part and shame on komatsu for the huge markup

dorado

Quote from: mudfarmer on February 24, 2024, 01:16:14 PMDo you have an old computer or something you can hook to the new monitor while it is running on the 12v so you can be sure it is not the issue?

Just to confirm, your old monitor works but only a little? (May rule out vga port as the issue)

Yes we did try the portable 12v monitor on a home desktop and it worked, we also brought out an actual pc monitor and ran an extension cord to it  for power and hooked it up to the komatsu computer and that never worked either.

Must be something in the komatsu computer settings stopping the monitors from working. Or something the repair guy isn't telling me about since he has no issue doing that.

I'll keep messing around with it, I have until May before I need to break down and buy one from the dealer for around $1700, really prefer the $90 portable monitor haha

Firewoodjoe

Well I'm cheap and I agree on doing your best to save but I wasn't expecting you to say $1700! That's not bad I don't think. I realize its not the hole computer but this stuff is all expensive now a days. Heck I've bought $1700 in hoses on a bad day 😂 

dorado

Ya it's not bad for a repair, but just seems crazy for a monitor haha

My 2  brothers and I just bought this machine to start our own logging company this spring. So just trying to save what we can since we have some other work to do to the machine to have it ready for the spring.

Ya the prices are crazy nowadays

We did find out an hour ago that komatsu software had the display tab hidden on the settings on the computer, found a way to disable that so we can now see the display tab so we can get to the monitor settings.

Firewoodjoe

Nice. I wish you luck. If I bought a rubber tired machine I'd be looking at a komatsu. We now have some dealer support down here from what I understand. I like how the cab and crane are together like a track machine. 

mudfarmer

Thank You Sponsors!