iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Outdoor Games

Started by beenthere, July 16, 2005, 04:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Catching a few of the 'logging' games, including chopping, sawing, and log rolling on ESPN. Mixing in some ATV-type games and dog performance as well. Some good ones to watch, with the heat up to about 95° outside - so I'm in more than usual.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

maple flats

Wished I had seen that. I was working 14 hr days Fri, Sat & Sunday. Too hot but had to get it done. After this coming Wednesday my schedule will lighten up a little.
I saw the loggers competition a couple of years ago, it was great, especially since I had met a few of the competitors previously at the Boonville Woodsmans Field Days in years past. Kind of makes it better when you have met them. Do you remember if Matt Bush competed and if he won anything?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

beenthere

Don't recall the name 'Bush' but here is a link to a story on the winner 'Scheer'.
http://www.haywardwi.com/record/index.php?sect_rank=2&story_id=205013

What I saw was interesting and pretty impressive. I get a bit 'queezy' watching those competitors chopping wood with swinging axe's.  :)  I think I even stand back from the TV screen.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!