iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got to meet my first forum member.

Started by JimBuis, August 18, 2005, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

Well, I just got back to Tokyo last night after about 6 weeks on the road. 8) 8)

I have to apologize for not working out to catch up with Frank Pender and Dave Gilman.  Since I was in Portland, OR for almost two weeks, you'd think I could have worked it out to come see you guys, but I did not have any wheels. :(  Maybe I'll do better next time.

The good news is that I did have wheels while in Illinois.  Buzz was kind enough to invite me out, so I took him up on the offer.  Now let's see if I can manage this photo thing again.

Don sure impressed me when he was showing me around his mill and I finally realized that he built it himself including the hydraulics!! :o :o

I was surprised that the 56 inch blade didn't make a whole lot more noise than it did.  Don made that sawing look real easy. ;)

Don assured me that he is not Buddist despite the fact that he was kneeling beside "Buda".  Of course, his "Buda" is a 1940's era or so diesel that drives his saw.

Don, thanks a million for taking the time to chat with me and for showing me around your place.  Your part of southern Illinois sure is nice. :) :)

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Gilman

Jim,
It's not your fault, but Frank's and mine.  Next time Frank and I will be fighting from the south and the north to Portland to pick you up first.

Better get your battle plan together Pender, I'm a quick hop and a skip away from PDX.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Frank_Pender

Ya, I did not have his son's phone number any long as the line was dis connected after I called and left a message before Jim got the states.  If I had know you were there for two weeks I would have come and taken you by the ear and drug ya to the South about 75 miles. 8)
Frank Pender

Gilman

Jim,
You'd better call next time or else you'll get stuck with Pender for 75 miles X 2.  I'm only 15 miles from the airport.  I'll be 30/150's less unpleasant. ;D
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Thank You Sponsors!