iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber Contacts Needed

Started by SFC P, December 24, 2005, 12:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFC P

I am looking to establish contacts for purchasing rough cut and dried hardwood lumber of almost any species.

When I return from Afghanistan again in March I plan to make keepsake items for other soldiers. I have noticed a lot of our troops want to display the US flags they fly here for themselves, their families, or our fallen heroes. I have pictures saved on my computer of a shadow box I made from spalted magnolia that I feel represents our National Colors with dignity and respect. I will be happy to post them if someone can help me with the process.

I have the ability to plane my own material and do not require very large quantities.  I live on Fort Stewart Georgia (outside Savannah) and can travel medium distances to pick-up material if needed. Oak has been my primary hardwood choice because it is available locally at Lowes but I have to pay a premium price for the finish grade material. Anyone who can assist would be greatly appreciated.

Please take time to recognize the sacrifices our family members make during this holiday season. Without them holding down the home front we could not be successful in our missions.

Very Respectfully,
Carl Petersen
SFC, USA
Task Force Strength
Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
Carl Petersen
SFC, USA

DanG

HEY CARL!!  Ya finally made it on here. ;D 8) 8)

Hey everybody, I been trying to get this guy on here for a while now.  Carl is...well, I consider him to be my Nephew.  At least he's married to my Niece.  He does some nice things with wood, and needs to expand from my meager woodpile.  When I break out the camera tomorrow, I'll show ya something real nice he did for me a couple of years ago.

Welcome aboard, Carl!! :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jon12345

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding sources in your area, once everyone on this half of the world wakes up and can reply.  Some may even donate for a good cause.

Thank You for serving our country.   O0
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Radar67

Welcome aboard. I sent you a PM.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

getoverit

Hi Carl!

I'm on the Florida/Georgia Border and not that far from Ft Stewart and will be glad to help you with your project when you get home. Be sure to Private Message me when you get home and I'll make arrangements meet you.

Thanks for serving our Country!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

woodbowl

Howdy Carl, welcome to the form. We don't hold it against you none that yer kin to DanG. Enjoy yourself, it's a good spot.  :D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Hey Carl,

When DanG shows us what you can do, you might be sooprized what comes your way!

Hint, Hint, Hint........
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

DanG

WWW,  here's the shadow-box Carl made for me.  He flew this flag in my honor on Christmas day in 2003, over Camp Blackhorse on his first trip to Afghanistan.  When he got home, he rifled through my woodpile, then went home and made this for me.  Needless to say, it is one of my most prized possesions. :)

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Rockn H

DanG that's just high quality all the way around. I like that. 8)

Carl welcome aboard and a big thanks to you and all the troops that are making the sacrifice for us.  May God bless all of y'all over seas and your families here at home.  Merry Christmas.

Faron

Carl, Merry Christmas to you and to all serving with you.  Please pass around a heart felt Thank You  to all you folks protecting us back home.  If the guys closer to you run out of lumber when you get home, let me know, and we will figure out how to ship you some.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Mike_Barcaskey

Welcome aboard Carl,
Prayers and Thanks to all of our Armed Forces protecting our freedom.
Merry Christmas
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Norm

I would be proud to help out with sending some wood to use in your projects. If you can tell us what lengths and widths you use and PM me with a shipping address I'd like to donate some species that are probably not available in your area.

Thank you for your service and please let your fellow soldiers know how much we appreciate your hard work.

fstedy

;D ;D ;D Welcome Aboard Carl ;D ;D ;D
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

thedeeredude

Welcome, Carl and thank you and your fellow soldiers and marines for your wonderful service.

WH_Conley

Just to echo previous comments.

Just let us know length, width and species you are interested in.

Unless I am badly mistaken about the people here you will have plenty of wood.

Best of luck and THANK YOU.
Bill

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

SFC P

Thank you to all for your the kind words and prayers. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

DanG, you were right on the money! What a great group of people 8). Looking forward to a lot of friendships here. Miss you a lot and lots of hugs all around Tallahassee.

Carl
Carl Petersen
SFC, USA

tnlogger

Carl welcome aboard and thanks
Merry Cristmas to you and everyone over there  :)
gene

FiremanEd

Carl,

"Thank you" sound to simple but THANK YOU just the same.

PM w/ your address, UPS runs from Va to Ga. How about some cherry, sour wood, black walnut, ash or hackberry?

Thank you again and Merry Christmas.

Eddie
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Dana

Thank you for your service to our country. If you want some Black Ash or Iron wood let me know and I will send it out.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!