iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts On The War ?

Started by Bud Man, April 07, 2003, 04:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

All the major religions of the world and all the prophets seem to have one common thread.  Respect one another, treat your neighbor as you would be treated yourself.  This in my view is the most basic and undeniable truth.  It is on one hand the easiest concept to understand and on the other hand the most difficult principle to live by.
Think about it.
Kindest regards to all.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

C_Miller

He doesn't change. They way He deals with people changes as people are not a very static group(DanG free will anyway). They grow towards Him, forget Him then remember He's still there.

How He dealt with people before the 10 commandments is different than after. Now that His son has paid the ultimate price He deals differently still.

You don't treat your teenager the same as when he was a toddler but the same fundamental tenets apply. You treat him according to what he needs, not what you want. Same with the Guy in the Sky.

C
CJM

Bud Man

I have to plead lack of study or just sheer ignorance again.  I took the childhood exposure mandated by my Mother and Grand Mother saying get in the car , we're going to church and knowing they were right about everything. But not knowing a certain doctrin well has led me to believe that no one doctrine can fit everyone. I don't believe I'm smart enough to question people beyond being good to one another and being objective as opposed to judgemental of other's beliefs. The comandments to me are pretty much laws of common sense.  The Golden Rule and the Hippocratic Oath are strong points too and I try to live by them.  Call me simple but It works for me !
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Thank You Sponsors!