iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A nice surprise

Started by stumpy, December 20, 2008, 12:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I am sawing some walnut for a customer.  He made arrangements with someone who has a kiln and lives in Deforest, Wi.  My customer said that while planning the Kiln arrangements, the Kiln guy said he knew of me.  I always wonder what comes next when someone says that,  ::)but when I phoned the Kiln guy, He said he was looking forward to meeting me cause he knew of me for some time. I asked how and he said from the Forestry Forum.  I said "oh yea, what's your Forum name"?  He said that he isn't a member but has been reading the post and when we mentioned the Roxbury, he said, "hey, I know where that is"  he then began following the post from me, Beenthere, Jeff, and Burlkraft with greater interest. He is also folowing any post about drying.  Turns out he has an engineering firm and read about Vacuum kilns and thought, "hey, I'm and engineer, I could build one of them"  He built one and is just starting out drying and has been pleased with the results.  I've encouraged him to join, as I think he'd be a welcomed member of the "family"
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Tom

That's cool!   I'll bet he would enjoy a teat-a-tat with Den Socling and Don Lewis too.

How do folks stand just reading here and not gettin involved?  I couldn't do it.   :)

thedeeredude

Quote from: Tom on December 20, 2008, 01:06:12 PM
That's cool!   I'll bet he would enjoy a teat-a-tat with Den Socling and Don Lewis too.

How do folks stand just reading here and not gettin involved?  I couldn't do it.   :)

Easy, they spend too much time reading your page long posts :D ;D   They are a wealth of information and great stories though, you can't not read them!

Thank You Sponsors!