iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my new house

Started by ely, January 21, 2011, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

Thanks lynn. I could do two months standing on my head...takes me forever, I have to stay focused on staying focused.

ely

ely

ceiling in the kitchen then I have a few doors hung on the cabinets.

tmarch

GREAT looking work!!!!!!!
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

brianb88

Measure twice, cut once

drobertson

Nice, rich tone on the finish, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dean herring

Very nice Ely. Is that lumber you cut? Those are some fine cabinets and I really like the ceiling. What kind of lumber is it?
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

21incher

That is one great job that you should be very proud of. Thanks for sharing the build with us. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

mad murdock

the kitchen is really looking spiffy!! Nice doors.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

coalsmok

You are building a beautiful home.

WDH

The cabinet doors are a nice touch.  You must be married  :D.  Women prefer cabinet doors  :)

Looking good there, partner. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mmartone

Looks beautiful I like how your mixing species! Wish my wife liked all that natural wood.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

ely

married yes, she does like all the different wood, and its just as well she does because yes I did cut all the wood in this house except the walnut you see on the cabinets, it was sawn about 1983 on a circular mill ,by a drunk man, apparently. :D
the ceiling in the kitchen is primarily sycamore in various stages of decay, I also have a piece of ash and pine mixed in here and there. the cabinets in this house are the very first I have ever done... I am more than happy with the results so far. I also cant claim sawing the maple gym floor up stairs or the few 2x4 that I took from tear downs over the years. thanks for all the praise. everyone is welcome to stop by if you ever come this way.

ely

ely

hung a few more doors last night... ran out of hinges though.

dablack

She is adding stuff faster than you can put on doors!

Looks good. 

Austin
Building my own house in East TX

ely

ely

ely

ely

got my living room sprayed and finally got all the kitchen done... I say done, I still like putting up the trim in the kitchen and living room. but I do have all the trim made for it and ready.

ely

all my woodworking equipment has been replaced by a couch and love seat. I still have to build 3 bedroom doors and three closet doors then the inside bottom floor is complete... but those can wait. :D

beenthere

I'll bet there are more than one person happy with that great accomplishment. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gww

ely
You are one ambitious fellow.  I am impressed with the amount of work you have done.
gww

Alligator

Your house is great! It makes me think of what my father said after the last time he remodeled his house. I ask him "why he didn't use any sheet rock?" He said "We don't make sheet rock" :)
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

WDH

Looking fine there, partner. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!