iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Reading "My Messages" Outbox

Started by Left Coast Chris, March 06, 2012, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left Coast Chris

My Messages automatically opens to the "Inbox".  I was interested in checking a personal message sent and could not find an out box for my PMs.    I tried to change settings but could not find a option.    Anyone have a way to view PMs sent?
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Jeff

You have to first select the option to save messages in your profile/modify profile/ personal message settings/ Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.

Once you are actually saving them, To see the ones you sent, they are under my messages/messages/sent items.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Left Coast Chris

Thanks Jeff,

I did change the setting to save sent copy so from now on it sounds like the sends will be there.  (thanks, that was good to know)

Can a member view the PM in box of another member?  That would be another way I could view what I sent since I know who I sent it to and it would still be on record in thier PM inbox.    If that is not possible (likely privacy issue) , it is not critical I just wanted to clarify where I left off with my last send to a particular member.  --thanks--
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Jeff

QuoteCan a member view the PM in box of another member?

Absolutely not.

Warbird

Kansas

Just for the record. I miss the floating pig. Every time I saw that, I thought "I gotta slow down on the beer". Fortunately, the feeling passed fairly quickly.

Warbird

You don't still see a floating pig??  ;)

Magicman

Several times lately while online, I have not gotten the box alerting me to a PM that comes in.  At other times it pops up.  I will simple see the "1 message" while I am at the top of a page.  I know that you have to make some kind of action like going to another page or something before you get the alert?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

If you happen to be on the message page, when a message comes in. you won't get the alert unless you leave the website, then come back.

Yes, you don't get any alert or change on the page, until you change the page.

Left Coast Chris

Yea,   it would only work if a member could only view their own sent messages on another persons PM in box.   

No access to past sent PMs is a minor function issue and will quickly fade by saving future sends (a good feature). :)