iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blame it on Isaac

Started by Bibbyman, August 31, 2012, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

ouch, i'll bet that clamp was screaming about getting hit!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

paul case

I wish you guys would let it go already!!!
A week or so ago I read a thread about rolling a log off the back, then the veryy next day I do it. Then I read an old thread about breaking bands and lo and behold i broke 2 old bands in the last few days. Now it looks like I will cut a notch or 2 in something in the coming days. Thanks a lot! ??? ??? 

I can blame Issac for a good rain we needed it badly( but I guess God knew and sent him our way).PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

If I do it, I will admit it.

I did try to saw my clamp like Bibby's.....twice, but not nearly as deep.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 31, 2012, 09:02:25 PM

Aha! Shucks.   That's not a cut!  This is a cut!

And this is the DoubleHard blade that did the cutting!  I sharpened it and kept using it!

Bibby; Sir!

I Bow humbly in the presence of the esteemed master of experience and sawing expertise.

It is very apparent that I am yet a babe in the mastery of the art of sawing steel with my woodmizer. SIR!
I have much to learn from you! smiley_book2_page

Seriously! That cut would a hurt just to hear it. Thanks for sharing it. I do feel much relieved that indeed I do fit in here now.

May be not as well as Bibby, even though I am Northerner and I do frequent this site a fair bit I am not, how ever, driving and SUV pulling a uhaul just crossing the mason Dixon line. AND even if did decide to do that it be in a Dodge 4X4 pulling a trailer I built and a Wood Mizer behind the trailer. 

Bibby; Thanks for making me feel more welcome here than I have ever felt before!  eh eh 

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

JustinW_NZ

Just out of interest has anyone ever put a metal blade on (if there is one that big) and cut steel on purpose?
Or is all steel cutting just for fun 'n' giggles  ???

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Bibbyman

We're setting in the Isaac doughnut hole this morning and have been in it for the past 18 hours.  Fog, mist this morning with less than 1/10" of rain since midnight.

NOAA is not real good with its predictions.  Isaac was predicted to move east and we'd get a lot of rain from the backside. Not moving much at all.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Bibby, how much rain fell total?  (edit, just read your duplicate post that you had 2" ;) 
Will be hoping it continues going north into WI. See now that the heavy rain is just south of CHI town.
Was predicted to swing east and stay south of us.
Fingers crossed.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JustinW_NZ

I hope all of your in the storms path are ok, just watched some footage on the news! no so good  :o

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Bibbyman

Pretty much a dud here.  NOAA said we should get 6". Warnings of flash floods,etc.  Rained 2" and then drizzled out.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!