iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ford 555B 4WD Extendahoe

Started by ET, December 09, 2012, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Tons of field stone,how big? I have a mile of stone walls,some of the rocks are about 3 feet high. Than smaller rocks that could be picked up by hand was put around them. I feel if they are small ones they would work,put a good fill on top to make it smooth.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ET

Yes I do have an awful lot of those big mamojammers too.  Some more than likely weigh into the thousands. But I do have 1 enormous pile of fist size or slightly larger that may serve this purpose. It's a matter of getting to them, probably 1/4 mile away from this area. There are also dozens of fence line piles of field stone.  I saw someone maybe twenty years ago hand placing large stones as a base layer to a driveway. My area being so much larger would probably be impracticable to do this way.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Peter Drouin

when I put down stone or gravel I all ways save the top soil [loam] and put that $ stuff in a pile, I all ways find a place for it later on :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!