iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How hot is it, momma?

Started by Texas Ranger, June 29, 2013, 08:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

HOT TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL WARM INTO THE LOWER 90S BY NOON AND RISE TO VALUES BETWEEN 100 AND 104 DEGREES INLAND BY LATE AFTERNOON. DRIER AIR WILL WORK INTO SOUTHEAST TEXAS FROM THE NORTH TODAY AND DEW POINTS WILL MIX OUT INTO THE LOWER 50S. HEAT INDEX VALUES OVER INLAND LOCATIONS WILL
RANGE FROM 99 TO 104 DEGREES. AREAS ALONG THE COAST WILL ALSO ENDURE THEIR WARMEST TEMPERATURES OF THE YEAR WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES REACHING THE UPPER 90S. A WEAK SEA BREEZE CIRCULATION WILL AGAIN DEVELOP NEAR THE COAST AND MOVE SLOWLY INLAND IN THE AFTERNOON. DEW POINTS BEHIND THE SEA BREEZE WILL RISE INTO THE
LOWER 70S AND COUPLED WITH THE VERY WARM AMBIENT TEMPERATURES IN THE MID AND UPPER 90S WILL PRODUCE SOME OPPRESSIVE HEAT INDEX
VALUES. AREAS ALONG AND EAST OF AN EDNA TO HOUSTON TO LIBERTY LINE WILL EXPERIENCE HEAT INDEX VALUES BETWEEN 101 AND 109 DEGREES LATE
THIS AFTERNOON.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pappy19

We left Pleasanton in the nick of time and are headed to Idaho. Of course, Boise will be 104 today so at least the humidity won't be as bad.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Rocky_Ranger

TR, as my brother used to say "It'll thaw on the north side today".... :D

Hot here in Arizona yesterday, mid-90's in the White Mountains, but Monsoon is just around the corner.  We're also smoked in here today due to fires just blow the Rim, New Mexico and one on the Mexican peninsula. 
RETIRED!

sawguy21

That system is pushing it's way up here with similar temperatures expected,  40C (110F) in some areas.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

I could use a little bit of that dry, but y'all can keep the hot. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sixacresand

We already got the humidity, just dreading the summer heat that has not set in yet. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ljohnsaw

Tuesday was 70 but Thursday was 95.  Yesterday was 106, today hit 105 and expected 108-109 the next 4 days dropping down to 103 (whew, cooling trend!) and mid 90's by the end of next week.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

That is wicked, you guys becareful in that heat.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Anything over 72 is dangerous in my opinion. ;) I'm sure I'd expire at 110. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

mesquite buckeye

Plenty hot. 110++

10pm and still 100.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Brucer

Two days ago the high was 21° (70°F). Yesterday it was 25° (78°F). Today it hit 28° (82°F). It's supposed to keep climbing as the heat wave moves north from Arizona. Peak is expected on Tuesday, about 40° (104°F).

Fortunately (for me) the weather station is down in the valley. Up here on the mountainside we'll shed 3 or 4 degrees. Maybe 37° (99°F) on Tuesday.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!