iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Experts" Needed for Paul Bunyan Show in Oct in OH

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, July 31, 2013, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The Paul Bunyan Show in East Central Ohio October 3-5 will have some technical sessions including sessions on sawmilling (as well as the Sawmill ShootOut).  One session will be called a Cracker Barrel session where there will be a small panel of experts (3 or 4) and the audience can ask any sawmilling questions...kinds like this forum, but a live session.  The head of the seminar planning, Walter A., has asked that I put out a request for persons who would be interested in being on the panel...he wants people who would be willing to share personal experiences and share their opinions.  He is looking for two or three people, although the audience will be invited to share comments after the panel has commented.  So, would you like to be a panelist?  The seminar leader, Walter A., will be in touch with you to confirm arrangements, and so on.  I wpould expect that you will get complimentary admission, a free cup of coffee, and maybe even more.

(I have mentioned this idea previously to some of you, but Walter is going to head up this, so we need to start over.)

I hope to hear from interested people and I can forward your info to Walter.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Nomad

I plan to be there for the first 2 days, but I hardly think I qualify to be an "expert."  I'd like to listen to the people who do qualify, though!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Deer stand in October?  In Wisconsin we are real tough hunters and wait until late November. 

Good luck in any case.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

dboyt

Gene, sounds like a great idea for a session.  If time allows, I'll at least be in the audience throwing peanut shells!  See you & Nomad there!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Nomad

Quote from: dboyt on August 01, 2013, 12:59:10 PM
Gene, sounds like a great idea for a session.  If time allows, I'll at least be in the audience throwing peanut shells!  See you & Nomad there!

Agreed.  I hope I get to see both of you there; along with a bunch of other FF friends I haven't met yet.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

ET

Linda and I are also planning on attending the first two days. Looking forward to the shootout. Ive only been sawing now for 1 1/2 years and certainly am no expert. Just love this as a retirement job and keeps me plenty busy. It took over 6 months just getting the business set up and all the legal matters taken care of before cutting the first board for a customer.  We will also be in the audience and hope to see other FF members.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Thank You Sponsors!