iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Got Carded

Started by Magicman, March 13, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

For buying two rattle cans of paint !!!

Do "they" make something out of it or what ??  Surely you would not want to sniff it ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

They don't want you Tagging.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Or huffing. ;D

Not an issue for those guys. They steal them. :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bert

I'd say tagging is right. Doubt you could sniff it without painting your face :D. Wal-Mart cards for starting fluid. Don't think I'd wanna sniff that either.
Saw you tomorrow!

Magicman

I guess that I am sheltered.  I Googled "tagging" and found "graffiti".  Is that what you were referring to.  Like on bridges, overpasses, and rail cars? 

By the way, some of that rail car stuff is very artistic.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I got the word tagged from watching the news. Yep,that's what I meant. And yes,some have some art to share with the world.
I say, I don't get off the hill much,instead of sheltered.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

From what I was told by the lady at Walmart who carded me for it people huff the propellant that is in the cans by flipping them over and just releasing the gas and not the paint....

Autocar

I must live in a small world I was lost on what it was about  :-\.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on March 13, 2014, 11:02:02 AM
They don't want you Tagging.  ;D

I know this may seem a little comical to some but this could be the truth, if ya think about it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

We have discovered several meth cooking camps in and around the Billarosa over the years. Empty gold and silver spray paint cans are always found. They use it in the meth process someway.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Guess I don't get off the hill much,  ;D  Never knew that Raider Bill.

Jeff

Vapors or gases from common household products can be huffed for a "High" which is actually, probably, the screams of dieing brain cells. If you use the self checkout at Walmart or other stores, you never know any more what will stop the process and cause a manager to come over and check you out.  Back around Christmas my checkout was suddenly stopped at Walmart.  Turns out it was canned whip cream topping I just scanned. The clerk said that was a big offender, and you now had to be checked out before you could purchase it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Never heard of spray paint as an ingredient in crank. Silver and gold are huffer's colors of choice. Don't ask me why they would prefer one color over the other and I can't imagine why a crank head would be huffing. Maybe they do use it in making the stuff.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Delawhere Jack

If they suddenly find

smiley_love Pat

Painted in WM orange on an overpass or water tower, they'll know who to come looking for.  ;)

Magicman

BBBbbut I bought Gray and Black paint.   :D

DeepCreek

Quote from: Magicman on March 13, 2014, 11:27:01 AM

No. It is vandalism, a criminal activity that affects us all. It is not artistic, and by referring to it as such in a public forum you tacitly endorse it and contribute to the problem.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Holmes

I was asked for id last winter at a Tractor supply in NH by an English gentleman.  I thought it was for senior citizen discount he said NO just want to make sure your not a huffer :)
Think like a farmer.

isawlogs

Oh please explaine to me how ''id'' will proove anything about you being or not a huffer  :-\  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

21incher

Never heard of that before for buying paint. Did they scan your license to see if you are a repeat buyer?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

m wood

Yeah, taggin a rail car may be malicious vandalism that is outside the law...but I'm happy to watch it when 80 of them cars are going past me at 4mph and there's  no other route to the farm.  The family and I ooh and ahhh at some of them!
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DeepCreek on March 13, 2014, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: Magicman on March 13, 2014, 11:27:01 AM

No. It is vandalism, a criminal activity that affects us all. It is not artistic, and by referring to it as such in a public forum you tacitly endorse it and contribute to the problem.

It is vandalism......but Magic was referring to the PAINTINGS ITSELF is very artistic.......He was not endorsing vandalism.
We have a town 8 miles away, they let artist with spray paint, paint the side of one if their old brick buildings. It is gorgeous. It shows the history of the town.
I agree with Magic and M Wood.....I could sit and watch them go by for hours.  arteest-smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Magicman,better watch it now. Next time you go to buy paint the PAT,People Against Tagging will arrest ya.  ::)

Red Pill

Yes, some people sniff spray paint.

LAZERDAN

I agree with majic man it is artistic, Yes it's wrong. He's not endorsing it, He is voicing his opinion.  He does not need a tounge lashing for that !!!!!!!    By the way do they ever repaint over train cars.  I don't know any railroad worker ????     And that's my opinion           LAZERDAN

Thank You Sponsors!