iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Got Carded

Started by Magicman, March 13, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

The local bank was robbed at 1:30 in the afternoon last Monday.  Yesterday, there was a sign in the foyer that said for safety reasons, patrons must remove their hats and sun glasses while in the bank.  That just tickled me.  I know that I feel so much safer knowing that the person that robbed the bank would never break the rules and keep their hat and sun glasses on, so voila!  No more robberies.   :D
Say when

wood monger

My understanding on the huffing thing, [ i saw a show on 60 minutes], it's the tolulene in the paint is what gets them high, silver and gold paint have a higher percentage of this to keep the particles mixed up.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on March 13, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
The local bank was robbed at 1:30 in the afternoon last Monday.  Yesterday, there was a sign in the foyer that said for safety reasons, patrons must remove their hats and sun glasses while in the bank.  That just tickled me.  I know that I feel so much safer knowing that the person that robbed the bank would never break the rules and keep their hat and sun glasses on, so voila!  No more robberies.   :D

They do this at our banks....but only at Christmas.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

A few years ago a youth project around here had a class on tagging. They set up plywood or something so the kids could spray it. Then, when they got good at it, they went out and sprayed the town. ::) :-\

I don't condone it, but there are some very talented taggers. Too bad they can't find a better canvas.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I'm stepping in as part of the problem as well I guess. I love to look at those tagged rail cars. I don't get to see them very often, but I did get to see some with my one good eye when I was in ann arbor at the Kellogg eye clinic. There is a railroad that goes right by there.

Also, this is my word of warning to the new guy taking a tone with other members. Actually 3 words. KNOCK IT OFF.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Yes I read the ill mannered and opinionated reply #15 and chose not to respond to it.  I will simply stand by my statement and the spirit in which it was written.

(Oops, I did not see Jeff's response because I was responding and then had chosen to delete most of it.  I'll leave what I did post above.)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

blackfoot griz

MM-
Are you giving Fat Albert a touch up? ;D

Magicman

No, that was for the homemade log arch.

We have not heard much from Fat Albert lately.  Yup, he is still mine, and he is presently parked beside the sawmill, but Fat Albert is sick.  I am hoping to soon pull the valve cover and hope that I do not need to go further.  I am not really ready to 'fess up to what I did.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm sure it was an Honest mistake.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

I got carded for windshield washer fluid a couple weeks ago, Sea Foam not long before that and a can of PB Blaster another time all at Walmart. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

js2743

Jeff, I just wish there was a LIKE button to click on post.

coxy

its a good thing they don't do this at the logger field days  ill have to remember to bring id this year  :D :D :D :D :D

pigman

I feel so neglected, I have never been carder for any reason. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Yes, I have bought starting fluid, shaker paint and windshield washer fluid. I even wore my hat into my bank last week.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Bob, ya need to wear your sunglasses with the hat.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

goose63

Don't know bought huffer but I am kind of a old duffer M M gets no orange paint I love Pat all over town :D :) ::)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Grafitti being beautiful is a lot like the beauty we see after an ice storm, when the sun comes shining through the ice encrusted trees and power lines.

I is very well destructive, but it is beautiful (artistic) at the same time.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

yukon cornelius

up until a few years ago I was a emt and union firefighter just outside Kansas city. we hauled many people of all ages with paint covered mouths and noses to the hospital. they used a paper bag and sprayed it in the bag and then breath it in from the bag. most of them didn't know they had paint on their faces and would tell us they weren't on anything.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Alcranb

Yukon, now there's some memories  :o
Just retired with 34 years in the business. You haven't lived until you've unknowingly walked (or crawled) into a meth lab. Talk about an OH NO!!! moment.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Busy Beaver Lumber

Magicman

You are lucky, you just get carded. I also get a personal visit from the front end manager because i buy 20 cans of spray at a time for our business. I guess there is a threshold that gets you some added attention and scrutiny. I just show them our business card and a few pics of what we make on my phone and all is cool then.

When I rode as an EMT in NJ you would not believe how many huffers would lay on the stretcher en-route to the hospital are drug abuse center and swear on the bible or a family members grave that they would never do something like that....despite the silver or gold spray all over their hands, face and clothes. One even had the can of spray paint in his coat pocket when we tried to strap him in to the stretcher and still tried to claim that we were wrong.

There was also a case of several teens that tried huffing propane in the basement of one of their homes, not far from the furnace room. That did not go well for them either.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!