iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaxx blades

Started by petefrom bearswamp, May 24, 2014, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

saw a thread here a few weeks ago about these blades.
Called the St Louis distributor and was sent 2 to try.
7 degree 7/8 pitch .042.
Got 900 bf out of the first, but about the last 100 ft or so was past what I should have done as it was somewhat dull.
Sawed Hemlock.
Sawed another 400 ft with the second one and am now out of logs with the blade still in good shape.
WAs quoted $14.47 per blade plus shipping.
The fellow in St L gave me the phone # of a distributor 25 miles from me so may be able to get them there if i decide to buy more.
IMO a good bang for the buck.
Have a great memorial weekend
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Sounds like a good deal, Pete!

If you happen to hit metal with one of them sometime, let us know how they hold up when compared to the Wood-Mizer Double-Hard!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

hamish

Quote from: Chuck White on May 24, 2014, 07:44:47 AM
Sounds like a good deal, Pete!

If you happen to hit metal with one of them sometime, let us know how they hold up when compared to the Wood-Mizer Double-Hard!

You can cut through a log post, remove the newly added metal on the tips of the teeth and keep on cutting.

Woodmaxx bands are on par with the most durable bands I have ever used the MK Morse QuikSilver.

There is a reason why some bands are not used in large scale production industries.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!